Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 09:58:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got A Call Tonight About My Mother  (Read 673 times)
Naughty Nibbler

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »

Hi Turkish:
Quote from: Turkish
The good news is that she ended up living in a motel in the nearest incorporates town (about 2500 population), and the SW has visited her. She says there are several long term residents there, and they have BBQs and such.  My mom is stable and acclimating.
  I'm sorry to hear she broke her shoulder.  Good to hear that she is in a safe living situation, with some independence.

I'm sure you will make the right decision for you, at the right time, in regard to both your mom and the property.
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 01:45:39 AM »

Hi Turkish,

A few days have passed since this post. How are you feeling about contacting your mom?

I just want to say, regarding the property issues: do what is right for you. If it's a headache that you just don't want to deal with, that is okay. If taking over the management and selling of the property would bring benefit to you and your mom, then I don't see anything greedy about it at all.

I agree that you don't need any more drama, so maybe you could hire a real estate lawyer to handle it for you? After my father's death, my brother did that and it helped keep the chaos down. The firm took a portion of the estate as payment. I realize your mom is still with us, so it's different. But maybe there are options out there.

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Justsomebelgian

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 05:51:03 PM »

Hey Turkish, just reading this now so I hope you're doing better. The only obligation you have is to take care of your children. You sound exhausted. Take some days off. You need to charge your batteries if you're looking to get through all of this. Here for you!
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »

Thanks everybody.  A lawyer is a good idea.  I could afford the retainer. Off the top of my head she could get at a minimum of $30k for the 5 acres as is. A savvy and handy buyer could take permits to add onto the house and tear the old parts down as they go. Our family friends could start paying her $300/mo for the old property to pay back the $20k under the original agreement.  I never understood why she never went forward. Seemed like easy money.  In retrospect,  it may have been in part to her hoarding "fear of loss" which is what my T said. Once she got the initial payment,  that was good enough for her. 

It's turning mega hot here in California,  within a week's time.  I want to hang out here with my kids,  school and weekend ballet over.  Play in the sprinkler.  Go to the park (or also the water park). Relax. I have to take Friday off work to watch them,  so it's like a 3 day weekend for us.  S7 wants to build something he saw in his minecraft craft book.  I hate craft stores (my mom was always dragging me to them and also fabric stores,  along why garage sales), but I'll take one for the team for my boy. 

Speaking of garage sales,  I picked up a like new stunt bike for my son.  $40. For another $40, I got an adult sized 20-something speed, an iron man bike.  Both have new tires,  and they threw in an extra set of off road tires for the adult bike.  Deals can be found.  Maybe I shouldn't let my childhood experiences prevent me from enjoying things.  Upside: I've been trying to get S7 to stand on the pedals on his old bike,  but being Asperger's, I think he's thought "seats are for sitting." The stunt bike is slightly too high for him to ride (seat adjusted the lowest), unless he stands on the pedals, so I demonstrated, and he was trying it on his small bike.  We even had D5 on her little push bike (no pedals). I was demonstrating balancing and standing for both of them. 

This seems kind of pedestrian,  maybe,  but I never had a dad,  so I'm trying to be what I imagined I might have had.  Whatever the case, I'm enjoying it.   Smiling (click to insert in post)

Maybe the weekend after next I'll go find my mom... .take the kids with me as wing persons... .

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »

Quote from: Turkish
This seems kind of pedestrian,  maybe,  but I never had a dad,  so I'm trying to be what I imagined I might have had.  Whatever the case, I'm enjoying it. 

Enjoy your Father's Day Weekend!  You sound like a great dad.  With you enjoying fatherhood, and the children enjoying time with you; well, that sounds like success.

Great find on the bikes.  Your son will grow into his bike before you know it.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest