Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 06:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Supporting a Child in Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
Anosognosia and Getting a "Borderline" into Therapy
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We just found out about BPD  (Read 383 times)
es1113

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: February 13, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »

I'm not really sure about this topic, I really want to understand how I can chat live with people who are family of BPD, and their experience with what has worked, and what hasn't, if they think DBT therapy works, do med's work, I want to be able to tell my nightmare of raising my 18 year old daughter, we just found out about BPD, and I makes so much sense as to her behavior for the last 12 years, she is now at the lowest point ever, and it's so hard that she's 18, I always did everything for her, and gave her everything, now she spends her money faster than she makes it, she just dropped out of college, and has no friends, that's been hard for her, she has always based her worth on a boy/ guy.now she's smoking cigarettes and marijuana, and isn't showing for work, we've given her some choices regarding therapy and DBT, WE feel like she's jerking us around, we agreed to keep paying her rent if she gets help! Help we are so scared and concerned!
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
wendydarling
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 09:30:26 PM »

Hello es113 and welcome to bpdfamily  , you've come to the right place to share, receive support and learn. I'm sorry what your dealing with, your DD's behaviour, emotional disorder and I understand your concern and you're scared.

Has your daughter received a diagnosis and if so does she accept the diagnosis? Has she been prescribed meds? My 28yrDD is on meds, they've been changed a few times and each time has resulted in a better fit, it's required some juggling and she's happy to work through to get it right. She's been in DBT since last May and yes, it's small steps, the road is not linear, that she has not cut herself or ended up in A&E since last Feb is a success. There is hope, she has a long journey ahead and I accept that, she in a much better place than she was 12 months ago.

Your in a safe place to share with us, you're not alone.  We are here to walk the journey with you and support you.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest