Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 10:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Each day we get stronger alone  (Read 331 times)
marti644

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 24, 2017, 06:23:48 AM »

I want to think of positive things that I am doing to improve my situation. if you have stories to share please do. No matter how small they are any improvement is something.

This week I:

1. Totally cleaned and put my apartment back in order.
2. Started eating properly again (lost 20 lbs. this last two months). Planning an exercise schedule for next week after I havee proper nutrition again.
3. Went out with friends or three dinners/gatherings this week. Didn't bring up r/s more than once briefly (an accomplishment).
4. Talked to family and friends on skype and phone everyday.
5. Got up at proper time and went to work. Finished tasks I assigned myself for the day.

Have had NC for over a month and a half now with no interest in looking back. The pain is significant but I am working through it and I am trying to put my anger (which is also significant) in context.
Lucky Jim

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 09:50:09 AM »

Hey marti, Keep up the good work!  I predict that at some point you will be grateful to have parted ways with your BPD Ex.  A BPD r/s is a pressure cooker that leads to new growth.  If you're like me, you may find yourself much happier after you get through the pain, which I don't minimize.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
marti644

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:06:46 AM »

Hi LuckyJim,

Thanks for the support!  I have learned so much already about myself, all positive for future growth. I am already grateful, just trying to get over the cheating and lying, mostly just makes me sad. That will take a long time I think... .
Sparky0426

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »

Exercise has been a WONDERFUL outlet for me. It helps to release my anger, stress, and tension. I feel so much better after a good work out, I sleep better, and an added bonus is that my body is looking so awesome- something my ex constantly picked at, pointed out my imperfections and made me feel bad about my appearance daily, although I've always been complimented on my beauty and lovely figure. I have a "revenge body" now; I look so good and feel so good about myself its almost like revenge because he totally threw this away and its his loss.

The point is, do things that makes YOU feel good about YOU, things that increase your self worth, and have a positive impact on your life.

Life will only get better for you, so stay strong and keep moving forward. Best wishes for happiness and success 
heartandwhole
Retired Staff

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 01:33:07 AM »

Great stuff, marti644  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  Keep going like this, and you will soon be surprised at how good things can get, after so much pain. Keep caring for yourself and sharing your strategies—it helps us all!

heartandwhole

When the pain of love increases your joy, roses and lilies fill the garden of your soul.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest