Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 05:55:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reaching Out  (Read 361 times)
MesaDaddy
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 04, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »

Hi. I believe my wife is suffering from BPD. All symptoms and our life fit the descriptions exactly. I keep thinking that we have hit rock bottom and life just keeps getting worse. I just know life shouldn't be this painful. We have two kids. I am self employed. Things have been getting worse for years now. Who knows maybe they have been bad since the start of our marriage and I don't know any better any more. I know that I now feel the need to ask permission to do anything alone. And she is so mean. She is confusing and manages to make everything my fault. She doesn't appear to care about me anymore.  I continue to try to make her happy but I am running out of steam. My business is just treading water. I only work and parent and husband. She is just fine watching me shrivel into a shell of the person I was when we met. As long as her days are easy. I cannot put the time I need to put into my biz because I feel that the kids need more than she gives them. So I am either working and feeling guilty or parenting and feeling stressed. I'm not sure what else to include in a first post about this. I am a loving a kind man who is confused, tormented and tired of being pushed to my worst. My kids deserve better than they are getting from us right now. I have managed to get her to seek treatment but it has not helped and she seems to leave more confused than when she arrived. Somedays I think it just has to be over. Other days I feel hopeful and see her old self and hope for our future. I don't want to be stuck like this.
Any advice, compassion, support would be incredibly helpful right now. Lost. Thanks. Drew.
formflier
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:16:57 AM »

Welcome

You have found a safe place to share, learn and take control of your life and marriage.

I know that I now feel the need to ask permission to do anything alone. And she is so mean. She is confusing and manages to make everything my fault. She doesn't appear to care about me anymore.  I continue to try to make her happy but I am running out of steam. My business is just treading water. I only work and parent and husband. 

Few things.

Can you keep your life the same for a few weeks, while you learn about ways to make it better?  Many of the things we will teach you need to be applied consistently.  Applied inconsistently they can actually make things worse.

Can you give us a he said she said example from the last argument you had... where you tried to keep her happy? 

start learning about what you may be facing.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=56206.msg913187#msg913187

FF

Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 04:18:15 PM »

Hey Drew/MesaDaddy, Welcome!  It's easy to get burned out in a BPD r/s.  I ran myself into the ground, which I don't recommend.  Care-taking a pwBPD often means neglecting one's own self-care.  Suggest you shift the focus back to yourself and your needs.  What are your gut feelings?  What would you like to see happen?  Let us know if you have any particular questions.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest