Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 12:06:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD Just found out my wife has BPD  (Read 437 times)
Desperate Steve

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 26, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »

I've never used social media and obviously have never posted anything in my life. This is all new to me. I just found out that my wife has BPD. This is both a relief and a scary thing. I have done more research in the last week on the subject than most therapists probably will in a life time. Incredibly, I found out by reading the life changing book all of you have probably read "Stop Walking onEggshells". This book showed up at my house about a year and a half ago. My wife and I don't know where it came from or who mailed it. She got mad and thought that I ordered it because anybody close to her always joked that they have to walk on eggshells around her. So, she figured I sent it. As things have become worse between us and the arguments get more abusive, I couldn't figure out what to do. I happened to notice the book in our office last week and decided to read it. I had never heard of BPD. I was floored just a few pages into the book. It not only described my wife 100%, but it very well described my feelings and the hell that I have been going through. But more importantly, it taught me the hell that she is going through. I will do anything to help my wife out of her hell. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the proper first post, but here it is anyway. This website said the first step is your first post. I'm not much into getting outside help for anything, but I'll do anything to help her out. Thanks for your time.

Steve
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

doublejeopardy

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 12:30:52 PM »

Me too. Everything you just wrote. We are not alone after all! I'm also a newbie and having a lot of trouble getting my husband to slow down and think things through before reacting in ways that damage our relationship, cost him another job, snatch defeat from a very promising (so far) custody motion, etc. Heartbreaking. Folks here can help, I'm sure of it.
Fie

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 01:52:20 PM »

Hello Steve 

Welcome !

I hope informing yourself about BPD will put you in a more comfortable position in your marriage.
Don't forget that you are the most important person in your life ! While reading about BPD, don't forget to also read about codependency and you might want to think about the reasons why you were attracted to a BPD partner in the first place.

I am wondering how the book ended up at your place... .are other people living with you and your wife ?

Fie
Desperate Steve

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:57:39 AM »

Fie,

Nobody lived with us when the book showed up. I'm not sure who mailed it to us, although maybe it was God himself.!
Obviously it was sent by somebody who knows her very well. She's high functioning so most people wouldn't have a clue what I am going through.

Steve
Fie

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 03:26:14 PM »

Do you think it was your wife herself ?
Desperate Steve

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »

It wasn't her. She exploded when it showed up. She immediately blamed me. I had no idea that she had BPD or what the book was about.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest