Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 08:15:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Child Alienating and Neglect  (Read 383 times)
Godslove

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« on: April 01, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »

Hi All, I need your advice for some of my situations. My uncontested divorce was final a year ago, two years separation. He has only every other weekend visitation. In return, I gave up stock and discount on CS.

Time to time, he wants to see kids once a week. Everytime I said no but tried to work with him one time last week but he insisted only time he wants. I said no and he is mad accusing me lots of things that I have a pattern excluding him from children. He also wrote I'd better record everything because he is building up a strong case for Child Alienation and Child neglect. Then he wants the kids one day next week again. Of course, same time he wants.

1.   Not having a separate bedroom for each kid (different sex), is it Child Neglect? What happens UxBPDh calls Child Service on me? I have two bedrooms with D9 and S8. They are well fed and cared, exceeding at school (above and GT).
2.   Should I answer his various emails of accusation or just simply saying to stick to the schedule? Would pls you check my draft?
3.   Is that going to be a problem sticking to the court schedule without flexibility? I have given him some extra summer vacations by his request/threats/harassment. I have given him extra times on his visitation schedule by his request or simply he couldn't make it. His pick up time is also not consistent.

This is the draft I wrote.
“Next week we will follow our visitation schedule. There is a custody agreement that we agreed, signed, and registered into the court. I am advised to abide the court visitation schedule by my lawyer and documenting everything. If you want to make changes, it needs to be done with a mediator or through lawyers.”

The lawyer I consulted asked me if I can work out mid day visitation without mediation. Nobody seems to know how BPD gets except here. I said no. Then he said to go to the mediation. I feel so unfair that why I spent 20 grands to come to the agreement if he can change like this. I feel like he is controlling me again if I have to invite him to all the activities kids do (school activities I do), ask him to watch kids when I can't (which he never does either) and communicate by his way to see the kids.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:36:27 AM »

Is there an issue with the kids sharing a bedroom? Meaning,  is there harm because of this? Ideally,  it would be good to seperate them by puberty, but it is what it is.  You do what you can as effectively a single parent.  

As for your draft:

Excerpt
Next week we will follow our visitation schedule. There is a custody agreement that we agreed, signed, and registered into the court. I am advised to abide the court visitation schedule by my lawyer and documenting everything. If you want to make changes, it needs to be done with a mediator or through lawyers.”

BIFF it and don't give him ammo.  You don't need to explain yourself.  There's a court order.  
Though it's natural to fall into the emotional stuff, as this is triggering, imagine Spock: logic,  no emotions.

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
Godslove

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 04:18:47 PM »

Thank you!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest