Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 12:30:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to be happy after living with BPD husband for 45 years?  (Read 362 times)
Xanadu

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 12, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »

I now have a strong belief that my husband of 45 years plus has BPD! I have seen a few therapists in the past and one just recently... .he went with me one time early on in our marriage... .it was a complete failure. My husband got angry when the therapist told him he couldn't expect me to do certain things for him if I didn't want to. He stormed out of the office saying he would never return again and he didn't. The therapist told me he would never change. I have walked on eggshells my entire married life.
I am numb. I don't feel real affection for him.
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Xanadu

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 08:18:39 AM »

I think I am codependent. What should I do first?
stayingsteady

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 12:08:27 AM »

Hi Roxzan,

Welcome to BPD Family.  Your story is extremely familiar here.  Many of us know exactly what you're talking about when you said "I have walked on eggshells my entire married life" and "I am numb". Many of us have felt the same way.  You're definitely welcome here.  Codependency is extremely common here as well. 

You'll find plenty of support here.  The community is extremely welcoming and we're here when you need us. There are also plenty of resources here that can help in overcoming many of the obstacles you're facing.  The most useful of these when getting started are located on the sidebar to the right.  If you have any questions as you discover more, we're definitely here for you.  The best first steps can be located under the heading "What is the First Step".  These items can help in learning basic key skills commonly used in these situations.

You had mentioned codependency.  The third lesson on the sidebar to the right, "Understanding your role in the relationship", may be of interest to you.  Are there any other key understandings you were looking for?

When your ready, it would be great to hear more about your story.

You also mentioned that anger has always been apart of your marriage.  A workshop just began a few days ago that focuses on tools that can be used in these situations.  It is entitled, "How to Deal with an Angry Partner".  If your interested you can find this workshop at the following link:

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=309757

Again, I look forward to hearing more from you,

- Staying Steady
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest