Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 03:10:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Our abuse recovery guide
Survivor to Thriver | Free download.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think it's time that I connect with other adult children of a BPD mother.  (Read 364 times)
peacenow

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: May 14, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »

Hi,

I am a 39 year-old, single woman who has done a lot of my own psychological work to heal my childhood wounds of verbal abuse and trauma, but yet I continue to deal with the borderline behaviors of my mother who is getting worse in her older age. So, I thought it might be helpful for me to have others who understand to share experiences and talk to about my own.
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 12:08:50 AM »

Hi peacenow:   

Welcome to the community!  This is a good place to share, gain input from others, or maybe just vent.

Is your dad in the picture?  In what ways is your mom getting worse?  Has she ever gotten any treatment? 

We look forward to hearing more of your story.
peacenow

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 01:58:57 PM »

Hi Everyone:

I kind of unloaded a lot of the context of my family and dealing with a mother with BPD. I did not receive any responses and was just wondering if I did something wrong here or posted in the wrong place?

I would love to be able to formulate a dialogue with others in similar positions. I am not entirely sure what answers I am looking for - just trying to cope as best I can with a sick parent who is out of my control.

All thoughts are welcomed.
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 03:33:41 PM »

Hey peacenow:

Speaking for myself, I missed your first post at the link below.  I can see that you have provided detail in that post.  I'll make a reply in that post, as that is where you have shared details. (It might be a few hours before I have the time to post more.)

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=309863.0

It can get confusing when new members start multiple threads.  Some members use an overview link (at the top left of the page) to look for unanswered posts.  The downside of that is that it is just a daily query and unanswered posts from yesterday don't show up on the daily query.  Also, some members don't visit the boards daily, so there can be a delay in getting replies.  Some people may post from work, others only post from home, when they have time.  Sometime, an occasion like Mother's day can throw things out of wack in regard to who visits the website and who posts, versus who may just read.

So, lets get your other thread moving.     I'll see you there.

itsrainingapples
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »

Hey Peacenow,

I believe we are in a similar situation, as are many people on this thread. I have a mother that was diagnosed with cluster b (narcissism and BPD) about 10 years ago and I have only recently begun to seek professional help (along with viewing these message boards) on how to communicate with her. It has been eyeopening! I understand your struggle and the frustration it can bring to try and continue a relationship with your mother as we age. I am a 26 year old female and my mother just turned 60. I have begun to set some boundaries and limits with her and it's seriously rocking the boat. I would love to also share experiences and advice with other adult children of a BPD mother, as you said.

I see the moderator has already asked, but I am curious too. How would you say your mother is changing or getting worse? Has she ever sought treatment or been to a therapist?

Thank you for sharing!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest