Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 10:27:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Popular books with members
Surviving a
Borderline Parent

Emotional Blackmail
Fear, Obligation, and Guilt
When Parents Make
Children Their Partners
Healing the
Shame That Binds You

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: my BPD Mom and narcissistic Dad  (Read 366 times)
Proinsias
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: May 22, 2017, 03:03:17 AM »

All things I learned from them make me crazy, still after more than 60 years I am the one who is crazy. The things I have tried to do to make my parents happy trying to be that good little girl. The things make me miserable and the fear that grew out of my parental relationships, and the poor coping skills I used to deal with them. I want to overcome them.
Highlander

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:34:30 AM »

Hi Proinsais,

Your not alone. 

My Dear Husband has a BPD & NPD mother and a NPD father too. And Yes, he also went crazy.

Good news is that he found help and has now completely recovered (for him he got BPD). 

The biggest step forward in his journey of recovery was having the moment when he realised (we call it the 'epiphany' that his mother has BPD and NPD and his father has NPD.  Thats when it all made sense for him and he was able to move forward no longer confused by their behavouirs and manipulation on him.

Sad thing is that because he actually did seek help (unlike them) and was diagnosed with BPD, they all use his previous diagnosis against him and when there is any disagreement they quickly jump on him being 'mad', even though we have told them he is now recovered!

Furthermore, he 'apparently' contracted BPD from me when he met me at age 29!  I did attempt to explain to them that their theory was impossible, that BPD is a childhood disorder but they are convinced that their son must have contracted it from me late in adulthood.

Best of luck, but the biggest journey of recognising the dynamics of your parents is now behind you.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest