Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 07:14:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice for a messy BPD breakup?  (Read 383 times)
MissMirage
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 17, 2017, 02:51:56 AM »

I met my uBPD ex (?) girlfriend about a year ago. We are gay and have been intimate since October 2016 but officially dated from January till now. To this day I have no clue she is doing and am looking for insight.
She has all of the symptoms of BPD. She comes from a home plagued by religious extremism, and I have a strong feeling she was sexually abused by her father when she was a child. She's told me that her parents have tried to abandon her.
She struggles with gruesome, sexually explicit nightmares every night, uncontrollable anger, jealousy, trusting people, voices, demons, dissociation, feeling asexual, and has no clue who she is or what she wants, but adamantly believes that God speaks to her and that she is meant to surrender her life to him. She has to lose everything, loves included, in order to make it to the other side. She's terrified of this and has been living on the surface for years trying to stall this process of surrendering. She is friends with all of her exes, as she firmly believes in keeping a relationship after the romance
Throughout our relationship she would tell me numerous times that she wanted to marry me (that's a huge deal for her to say) and in the same day, would turn around and talk about breaking up as if it is an inevitability.
There have been about 2 major episodes where she has accused me of bizarre things and essentially demonized me over trivial matters and I have been nothing but patient, loving and understanding about it.
Yet the 2 times in our (technically) 7 1/2 month relationship that I got angry at her were because I was convinced she was cheating on me (she has a history of cheating on her past girlfriends... .and was repeatedly visiting an ex in another city that even told me she had feelings for up until our first argument, and I have friends and family that supported my belief). The second time I addressed the cheating, I insinuated that I was contemplating breaking up with her.
Both times, her initial reaction was full of anger and denial and provoked fear of abandonment, she told me to break up with her if she's such a horrible girlfriend, why would you even want me, etc. The first time we argued about it, these feelings shifted to extreme guilt about her past, she cried her eyes out. She said that she knows she is ___ed up but firmly denied cheating on me. We talked about how it's a deal breaker for me, that I take it very seriously. She still denied it, yet told me that I know her so damn well, I feel like I almost made her uncomfortable with how well I know her.
The second time the issue surfaced, she backtracked and said that she only made me feel that way to puff up my ego, that I haven't always been right. This is when she said she was thinking about breaking up with me. And she never got over it. But she made a point of looking me in the eye and telling me not to abandon her, that she needs me.

The weeks leading up to our breakup she acted very strangely. She was rude to my family because she thinks underneath it all they hate her, left earlier than usual whenever we managed to spend time together, our intimacy turned into a sadistic, dominating lust on her part, she continued to make visits to her ex's apartment, spent time with all of her other exes and texted me less, yet would ask me if I missed her, and I always told her that yes, I did.
In response to all this I hung out with other people, and she tried to appear supportive but in reality did not like it because it provoked her jealousy and anger since she was 'worried sick' about me.
Whenever we were together in person, the attraction was intense and undeniable. Her kisses were passionate, her gaze was piercing. She came off as insecure about our relationship because she felt like I was spending time with everyone but her, but what she failed to realize is that I didn't have much of a choice because she was doing the same. I reassured her countless times that I missed her, wanted her, loved her, cared about her, everything, and at the time she felt so comforted by those words and craved them. But at the same time, she wouldn't say it much. And no matter how many times I reassured her, it seemed it wasn't enough.  
The last night we spent together before we broke up was magical. We were intimate, we dreamed about our future together, she told me she was in love with me, and said that "This isn't over until I say it's over"
The next day, she went out of town again... .to see a concert of a band that we both like, with the same ex. And a few days later she broke up with me, reasons being that we argue too much, that our communication is terrible to nonexistent, that I have let others invade our relationship, and that she feels like she needs to be a role or definition to me in order to feel cared for, and that the things I do (having friends, not telling her every single thing I think and do during the day, apparently) provoke her anger further, and our sexuality is uncontrollable when we are together and that scares her. Then she said that she is more afraid of how ___ed up she is and what she will do to me because her surrendering process brings out the ugliest, darkest side of her. But said she wanted me and is in love with me.
I drove to her house a few days later for our official breakup and when I got there she was already crying, we went upstairs and she starts hallucinating, having moments of dissociation, tells me to hide the knives that are on her dresser. She explained that she is hurting deeply inside and that her entire reality is caving in under the pressure of surrendering to Christ. We made out, she tried being intimate with me and it turned dark, throughout it she apologized but we couldn't stop ourselves. We laid in bed and she cuddled with me and fell asleep holding tightly onto me, even continued to call me affectionate names, it was like we never broke up. But she said we would find a middle ground for us.
By the time I got home that night she was back to being distant. She is talking to me like a friend now, has put up a wall, and is extremely withdrawn from everyone now.

Does it sound like BPD to you? What would be the best course of action? I love her and don't want to lose her, I want to spend the rest of my life with her.
Can someone please, please advise before I lose my mind

(PS I am sorry if any of this was worded poorly or is confusing. It's a lot and it's hard to structure)
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest