Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 02:25:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Expert insight for adult children
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
How to spot a liar
Pamela Meyer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling bad- NC with uBPD mother - just got a nice text  (Read 357 times)
mntsmith

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: June 19, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »

So I've been mc with my mother for 2 weeks now- I'm still getting messages from her. It I haven't responded in two weeks. 99 % of the text have been nasty-  stuff like- she never said Anything mean to me ever- followed by  I'm disinherited, she so done done done with me to don't f@$&$@& come to her funeral or cry a tear for her ever-
Today's was simple and nice - I love you and what can I do do fix our relationship.
I know it's fake and it won't last- but I'm just feeling bad.
I'm not going to respond but was just wondering if anyone had advice. My children are completely done with her- my daughter been on the receiving end of having everything she said twisted around on her and for some reason my mom ignores my son. My husband think I just need to find a way to tolerate her- when I'm ready- he knows that's not now.
mntsmith

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 12:36:29 PM »

Never mind- the nice text was followed up by -- The Who do I think I am- text- I should respect her cause she's my mother and she never did or said anything wrong- I miss heard or mis understood her--- then another one  that's saying she never blamed me for anything ever--- HA!
How about like ever holiday for the past 13 years! I have ruined them all-  blames me for her finances, and it's also my fault when she misses activities for my kids! She blamed my daughter because she had to sell her house- said it was because we were too busy with our daughter to come see her and the house makes her sad with out us in it! Real reason- no one want to. BE trapped there with her! On the phone is bad enough!
Sorry- thanks for letting me vent!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest