Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 02:55:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help for the non borderline  (Read 370 times)
Borderlinejoe
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 21, 2017, 11:12:44 PM »

I am currently in an 8 year relationship  with  a borderline. Of course I can't tell  him that. I'm in so deep I have to leave while  there is anything  left of me. Before I become him. I'm so lost I don't know where to begin. My family doesn't understand. I need help. Serious help. If I didn't I would have left long ago.  I'm scared I've become dependent on him and accepting the behavoir just to avoid the consequences of hell. Which is a daily basis since last december. When a met the real person I believed to be   in love with. This person has   anything but love. I'm in a prison with no bars and he knows I want to leave. He has taken the car keys and stays outside the bedroom door watching and waiting for my every move. It's like he don't sleep, even if he is snoring and I tiptoe he wakes. And he has me so twisted I feel like I can't abandon him. I have to save  myself for fear I will become him
Panda39

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:07:58 AM »

Hi Borderlinejoe,

Welcome to the BPD Family 

I'm sorry you have been feeling so isolated and not understood by your family   It is scary to feel trapped and like you are losing who you are.

But you are still in there, you posting here and sharing some of your story and your concerns show that there is a part of you that is in there fighting.

It sounds to me like this relationship has become abusive... .isolating you is a form of abuse, stalking you in your own home is abuse, not allowing you to leave (taking the car keys) is abuse.

Below is a thread on DV how much of this are you experiencing?

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=61403.0

I'm scared I've become dependent on him and accepting the behavior just to avoid the consequences of hell.
. And he has me so twisted I feel like I can't abandon him.

People with BPD oftion use FOG (Fear, Obligation, Guilt) or emotional blackmail in order to try and control people and situations that sounds like something that is going on with you too.

Below are a couple of links to more information on FOG... .

https://bpdfamily.com/content/emotional-blackmail-fear-obligation-and-guilt-fog
https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=82926.0

Do you work?  Is there a time when you are away from him that you could contact your local Domestic Violence hotline/center just to talk with someone?

I'm glad you've found us and decided to post the members here are great for support, ideas, and a listening ear.

I know others will be along soon, please take care and be safe 

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest