Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 02:34:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: small victory  (Read 424 times)
soundofmusicgirl

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« on: June 30, 2017, 02:01:48 PM »

we just had a temp order hearing as BPDxw did not want the children coming to us this summer. The judge denied her request Smiling (click to insert in post)

BPDxw could not help herself and point out that "the children are not comfortable with stepmom" Smiling (click to insert in post)
Panda39

Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 02:39:34 PM »

Yay! That is good news.

Now it's off to the the "wicked stepmother" for the summer, where they get to see their dad, be themselves, relax and have fun... .that's just horrible!  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
soundofmusicgirl

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 12:21:34 AM »

yes, the wicked witch of the west Smiling (click to insert in post)

oh another small victory. The T from hells former employer finally followed the court order and supplied all session notes to the court (us). So now at least we have records from last June - Jan of this year. Now T from hell needs to comply with current court order and sent over the most recent session notes. Which i am sure she will refuse to do. The read of what we were supplied so far has been very very interesting.
snazzyjazz

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 01:02:27 PM »

Yay for the victory! Smiling (click to insert in post) Gosh, those little jabs are annoying, aren't they? This week, uBPDx is saying we didn't give D6 enough warning to process that I'm living with them & her parents will never get back together... .she's 6 and wants everyone under the same roof and that's natural, and it'll never go away, and it's always been like that; the parents have never lived together and have been separate since SD6's birth and I've been living with them for 6 months and she's been close to me for 3 years... .really just a reflection of uBPDx's feelings
Thunderstruck

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:52:57 AM »

Her request was very unreasonable... .not surprising it was denied.  Being cool (click to insert in post) Enjoy the visit and enjoy the reading of those notes. Does that mean the kids get a break from the T from hell? I hope BPDmom hasn't riled them up too much to the point where they act out at your place.

"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."

"The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so. But we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitos and silly people." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
bunny4523

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 04:27:44 PM »

Interesting... .we are going to mediation next week because my husband wants 2 consecutive weeks in the summer for family vacations since the exUDBPD mom can't seem to find one day to trade with us so that we can have a full weekend.  Currently, we have custody one week on and one week off with exchanges on Sundays... .right in the middle of the day.  Very inconvenient.  Didn't used to be a problem because she would allow the kids to come back late on Sunday if they had a weekend trip planned.  Seems like since I've been in the picture and we got serious... .it is unacceptable to modify the court order.

Hope we get good news that the judge honors the 2 consecutive weeks in the summer for vacationing with each parent or mediators recommends it.

It's crazy how such little things turn into such a big deal... .tired... .
Bunny
bunny4523

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 12:32:33 PM »

ok so we had mediation and there were definately some flying monkeys.  I couldn't believe what happened.  First of all, she agreed to everything we asked for and acted as if it was her idea from the begining and she had been doing these things all along.  BUT while crying and yelling obsenities about all the things my husband and I had supposedly done to her.  She even brought up their marriage and how he treated her.  She just bashed him and was condescending right in front of the mediator.  I was really surprised that she allowed herself to lose it like that in front of another person.  She must have really been struggling with the anxiety from court to go off like that.  I actually felt very sad to hear how unstable she had been and can only imagine all the turmoil she was must have been going through internally.

This agreement was just to replace a very vague visitation order to make things more clear and less room for games/fighting.  It's not like we were trying to change the % of visitation, just lock down drop off and pick up times and put a holiday schedule into effect.  Just standard stuff but you'd think we were trying to cut off her arm the way she reacted.  It must have really threatened her allusion of how bad we are and how good she is when reading it in black and white.  I don't know... .I just know it was something very simple that could have been agreed to in a simple conversation yet... .she refused to. Then maybe the facts on paper didn't fit in with her feeling-facts so it through her into a frenzy.

Just so sad because it doesn't need to be like this.  As much stuff that they put us through... .they put themselves through even more. 

Bunny

Panda39

Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »

Hi bunny4523,

Glad you were able to get the arrangement you needed and sorry you had to go through the theatrics to get there.

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
GaGrl
Ambassador

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 05:19:26 PM »

Bunny's example is a situation most of us have experienced, and my DH is really better at handling those situations with his uNPD/BPD ex than I am.

It's really a matter of getting past the PD need for drama to the focus on achieving your objective. If you can tune out the ancillary drama (blah, blah, blah... .) and keep your conversation and focus on your end game, you can get through these interactions with the minimum stress (proviso =stress as related to a PD).

I've had to learn this, interaction after interaction.

"...what's past is prologue; what to come,
In yours and my discharge."
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest