Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 08:59:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannabis for treatment of BPD and NPD  (Read 341 times)
toomanydogs

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living Apart

« on: July 01, 2017, 10:32:25 AM »

Has anyone had experience with the BPD in their life using medical cannabis for symptom relief in either or both BPD or NPD?

My husband has been using it since Sept. 2016. Nothing else has ever regulated his mood fluctuations as effectively, and nothing has worked as well cognitively either. He does, however, balk at using it regularly. He is a recovered addict and sees cannabis as a recreational drug.

Anyone else have any experience with it?

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world... Einstein
lucky013

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 01:56:29 PM »

I know a lot of people in the media say that it is harmless, however i have direct experience with this from myself and my ex with BPD.

Yes it does get rid of a lot of symptoms, however if they are ever without it, the anger, the rage and emotional outbursts will be very extreme.

Like all drugs they can be used responsibly, however if they have a tendency to abuse them, then it isnt wise to continue using them.

It just pushes down emotions and when you stop smoking even for a few hours, they will start to get withdrawals and if they are a heavy smoker, will take up to 3 months to come out the body as thc is stored in the fat cells.

check out a guy on youtube called seb grant, he has lots of great videos that explain everything you need to know about smoking and when it comes to quitting.

I smoked on and off for 10 years, I started after the first relationship with a BPD finished, its very hard to quit as you can't sleep and lose your appetite and just become very emotional.

Im out of the BPD relationship now and sober

I hope this helps
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest