Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 07:02:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today is a very bad day for me  (Read 346 times)
Imnolngeralive

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: August 22, 2017, 08:49:45 PM »

I am still in utter disbelief.  I haven't spoke to her for 11 days since she left me again.  I thought I was getting better but I can't seem to wrap my head around not speaking to someone I spoke to everyday for the last 7 years.  She made sure she was my only friend and my old friends don't want to hear about me being a sucker for love anymore.  They make fun of me and just tell me to move on.  It's not that easy.  I'm in love with a mentally ill person and I'm worried about her.  I know I have to let her make her own decisions and have free will to do what she wants but I just feel so bad about it.  Let me ask you guys a question.  If a person was playing with a gun and pointing to their head, wouldn't you stop them at any cost?  Does it make you a fool for trying to help the love of your life even if they don't want it?  If she gets herself into trouble with this new loser and then says why didn't I stop her, what do I say or do?  It's like Sunny in I-Robot.  He told Will Smith, you have to do what someone asks you to do if you love them right?  She asked me to leave her alone.
Idsrvt2

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 09:30:12 PM »

I'm really sorry you're having a bad time of it.  I can relate I too am watching my x crumble from the sidelines... .I did all I could and it got me a RO... .I told his mom all that was going on, his boss knows... .his boss hates me but ah well... .his coworker told me he is worried about my x... .coworker and I are now friendly because he really feels for what happened and guy doesn't know the half of it... .I don't share details... .
His coworker said to me it's a shame he dragged you down with whatever he is dealing with... . 
I want so much to tell my x it's ok ... .but he asked me to leave him alone

I too am in a sense in love with a mentally ill person... .people think I'm nutz after all he did... .but for years I daily would talk to him get him out of his shell... .I think I helped because now he's crashing.   
Thanks for sharing the i robot quote ... .feel free to PM me if you need to chat
Imnolngeralive

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »

She was my best friend for years before we even became a couple.  I forgot about her and she looked me up and found me.  People break up all the time.  I have had many breakups even with women I loved but they never felt like this.  She said I ruined her new relationship because I kept calling and texting her.  I left her alone and she called me apologizing and saying she loved me and missed me.  Then we were back together for 2 weeks.  Then one day she met up with him for dinner and then raged on me and said "it s good reminiscing but she's going back with the new exbf and never call or text or email her again.  She said have a nice life and hung up the phone.  I haven't herd from her since. 
Idsrvt2

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 12:05:59 AM »

I can feel the pain coming thru in your posts.  It's different with a BPD ... it's my opinion the connection is deeper ... .my x knew of all my health issues ... we were very open ... I remember one nite we were being intimate and he was so tender after and he said he could tell I had that look in my eyes that I found the one... .he crumbled soon after .

Itsbthenlack of proper closure ... we are so used to the break up make up cycle ... .

You didn't ruin her new relationship... .if she is a BPD she will do that on her own and probably is... .if she knew you awhile , and came back before, odds are she will again.  The question is ... can you put yourself thru it all over again?  Knowing she can leave atvthe drop of a hat?
It's something I had to face when in court his atty relayed an apology I had to say no.
What I found most helpful is self care, eating well, getting outside alone by myself and randomly talking to strangers people that you don't have to share intimate details with... .or people you can if you wish and they won't judge.   
I met a random woman today... .I'm also finding being around dogs helpful... And I never really cared for them before... .it's as if the seek me out knowing I'm struggling.
Keep,posting and get it all out... it helps and just know your not alone in this. 
I wish BPD and PD could be fixed because my x wants help ... I wish there was some magic pill , but there isn't .  The hardest thing is giving them what they asked for... .us not contacting them. 
She was my best friend for years before we even became a couple.  I forgot about her and she looked me up and found me.  People break up all the time.  I have had many breakups even with women I loved but they never felt like this.  She said I ruined her new relationship because I kept calling and texting her.  I left her alone and she called me apologizing and saying she loved me and missed me.  Then we were back together for 2 weeks.  Then one day she met up with him for dinner and then raged on me and said "it s good reminiscing but she's going back with the new exbf and never call or text or email her again.  She said have a nice life and hung up the phone.  I haven't herd from her since. 
Imnolngeralive

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 01:32:20 PM »

I think I am finally "getting it".  She never truly loved me but that's fine because I loved her and I loved us.  Even if it wasn't real to her, it was very real to me.  I stopped believing in love before she came back into my life.  I really felt alive again thanks to her.  So in a way I am grateful. The pain was worth the pleasure.  The statement it's better to love and lost then to never have loved at all is true to an extent.  I don't regret the experience but I regret the ending.  It was the best and worst thing that ever happened in my life. I know I will never trust anyone again and I can forget about ever getting married.  I hope she has a nice life and wish her only the best going forward.  She is my world and my world ended the day she walked out on me.  I know I won't do that to anyone and I will treat people better.  I hope I can go on living a normal life but if she calls or try to reach out, I don't know if I can resist because I will always love her.  I am hopelessly in love with a woman with BPD.  Maybe I am the crazy one after all.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »

I am hopelessly in love with a woman with BPD.  Maybe I am the crazy one after all.

eleven days to recover from a turbulent seven year relationship is like a grain of sand. at that point, i hadnt learned about BPD, my anxiety was off the charts and constant, i was ruminating non stop, and i was imagining some fantastical reasons for why wed even broken up. it was a dark time. i dont mean to scare you, and everyone recovers at their own rate, but i know that it helped me to accept that this would be difficult - maybe one of the most difficult things id ever face, there would be extreme ups and downs, and that it matter of factly would get better, but it was going to take some time and effort.

Excerpt
9) Belief that you need to stay to help them.

You might want to stay to help your partner. You might want to disclose to them that they have borderline personality disorder and help them get into therapy. Maybe you want to help in other ways while still maintaining a “friendship”. The fact is, we are no longer in a position to be the caretaker and support person for our “BPD” partner – no matter how well intentioned. Understand that we have become the trigger for our partner’s bad feelings and bad behavior. Sure, we do not deliberately cause these feelings, but your presence is now triggering them. This is a complex defense mechanism that is often seen with borderline personality disorder when a relationship sours. It’s roots emanate from the deep core wounds associated with the disorder. We can’t begin to answer to this. We also need to question our own motives and your expectations for wanting to help. Is this kindness or a type of “well intentioned” manipulation on your part - an attempt to change them to better serve the relationship as opposed to addressing the lifelong wounds from which they suffer? More importantly, what does this suggest about our own survival instincts – we’re injured, in ways we may not even fully grasp, and it’s important to attend to our own wounds before we are attempt to help anyone else. You are damaged. Right now, your primary responsibility really needs to be to yourself – your own emotional survival. If your partner tries to lean on you, it’s a greater kindness that you step away. Difficult, no doubt, but more responsible.

it is not crazy to want to help her; many of us go through that feeling, for many reasons, not the least of which is that we loved our partners. it is, however, a form of attachment that can keep us stuck. it is the bargaining stage of grieving, in which we try to control the outcome. grieving hurts - i went into a deep, and different kind of depression when i decided that the relationship was over for good, but i healed, and i emerged with a sense of inner peace about everything that went down. if i could boil down to one bit of advice for every member here, it would be to fully grieve the relationship.

and i understand that doesnt happen until one is ready. in the mean time, i encourage you to work the lessons here, to the side of the board, and practice healthy grieving, supplemented by good knowledge (knowledge is power, after all).

hang in there. expect that recovery will not be eternity, but neither will it be linear.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest