Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 05:27:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 368 times)
Hunichka
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: September 17, 2017, 01:37:50 PM »

Hello! I'm fairly certain my mother has BPD with some narcissistic tendencies. She is 78 and I'm also concerned she is showing signs of some sort of dementia. I haven't spoken to her for 6 months, which has been my choice not hers. I hit my breaking point, exploded into verbal anger, I then sent her an apology for raising my voice and profanity later that day, but told her that's all I'm willing to say for now. I am reading stop walking on egg shells and found this site through it. I need ideas, support, and any other help I can get so that I can resume communication with my mother in a more healthy and helpful way. As tempting as it is for me to just disassociate from her indefinitely, i think it would b best if I tried to have some contact. She lives alone. Not sure what else I can say for now. I'm 46 and live about a two hour drive from her. Any thoughts ideas and suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Woolspinner2000
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 09:07:27 PM »

Welcome Hunichka

Glad you found our site and that you made your first post.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) It helps to know some of the things that you are challenged with. You will find that there is a lot of information on our site. Have you started with the list to the right hand side of our board? ----->>  Anything you click on will open up into a larger explanation. Once you have time to read some of this information, please share where you think you are on the list. We are all in a different place, and each of us have walked a similar but unique journey as we heal. My mom was an uBPD, so I can understand much of what you are going through. Do you find the book helpful that you are reading?

Many members here have also stepped back from their BPD relationships and taken some time to work on themselves and allow healing from the wounds from growing up in such an environment. In the end it helps to strengthen ourselves and care for ourselves in ways we've never had. Take time to be kind to yourself as you read and discover. Join into the discussions here and share your thoughts because that is part of the healing process. You are not alone, and this is a great place that is safe to discover and learn. What would you say are some of your greatest challenges you face with her?

Wools

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.  -C.S. Lewis
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest