Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 05:31:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GF relapsed 6 months ago  (Read 364 times)
Colhouse
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 27, 2017, 03:57:43 AM »

Hi,

My wife and I met in Recovery.  We have been married for 3 years.  It had been intimated to me by her ex husband that I should research BPD. I read the book Walking on Eggshells and it was a revelation in that so many aha ! moments presented as I read through the chapters.

We have had a rough six month in that I observed her behaviours changing.  What used to be a explosion of irrational anger every couple of months became more and more often - every couple of days.

She came to me about three weeks ago to admit that she had relapsed and had in fact been drinking for the last 6 months.  -  and I thought I was tuned in to her - hyper alert re relapse behaviour.  She has been in rehab for three weeks, is coming out next Monday -  Truth is I am am fearful - its just so exhausting.

Good news is that she has agreed (for now !) to attend an outpatient secondary programme and see a psychologist once a week.  I think and hope that the counsellers in the rehab have identified the possibility of a condition of BPD via the traits that I see in our interactions being interrogated during her therapy.  

Its simple - to take from the book... .I just can't believe how she can be so loving one moment and then rip me to shreds the next.  How she can tell me I am so talented and then scream at me that I am contemptable and the cause of all her problems... .

I don't have the tools and no-one talks to me  - professionals cite patient confidentiality - What the heck

So I am lonely.  I am reaching out.  
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »

Hi Colhouse,

I"m sorry that you are going through such a hard time right now. It can be pretty lonely trying to navigate through a BPD relationship on your own. You've found a great place because although you don't have any tools to use, we do! YOu can find a lot of really great workshops on the right side of the page that will help you learn how to communicate better with your pwBPD.

What behavior from your gf makes you most nervous about her coming home?

To get you started on our workshops, here is a link to The Dos and Don'ts of a BPD Relationship

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Colhouse
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:03:27 PM »

Thank you Tattered Heart

I have spent some time on the site and am very relieved to have found a place to come to with so much quality material to absorb
Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:09:28 AM »

Is there anything we can help you work through right now?

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest