Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 01:50:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Could it be BPD
BPDFamily.com Production
Listening to shame
Brené Brown, PhD
What is BPD?
Blasé Aguirre, MD
What BPD recovery looks like
Documentary
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our path and letting go  (Read 351 times)
PaticAttack

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 14, 2017, 06:10:05 PM »

Im off to work in a minute but wanted to share an article I read on the Elephant Journal's website titled "why we struggle so much to let go of certain people".  It was what I need to read!  I have been struggling with the letting go part and when I read that I do not need to let go of the love I felt for my pwBPD, it was wonderful.  We all have our own paths in life, what I did not realize, was that I was wanting someone to walk my path with me to the end.  That is not the way it works and I was just shown this through meditation.  Our paths intersect with all kinds of people, I am actually not alone but it is my path to walk alone.  I was also shown that I am able to travel back along that path and in a way forward on that path.  Walking back I was able to see past relationships in a new light, a non judgmental light, with a thankful heart for ALL of the people who have come and gone.  ALL who have touched me deeply, All who have hurt me, ALL of the loves that I thought I lost.  They are ALL still there with old lessons and new lessons.  Mostly the lesson for me is acceptance and forgiveness.  Many more people will intersect along my path, but I must realize that it is still solely my path.  I do have a hard time opening my heart to most people  but what I know know is that I do not have to let go of that love, I do not own love or another human.  I accept my expwBPD, she has a different path to walk then mine.  She has changed my life for the better and I will be forever grateful to her for that.  Yes, my heart still hurts that I can't have the long healthy relationship with her that I wanted.  Her path is a difficult path and if there was a way that I could magically remove some of the thorn bushes that have overtaken it, I would. 

Cheers!
pearlsw

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:30:45 AM »

Hi PaticAttack, Wow! What a beautifully written post! I hope a lot of people see it. I have always sort of been this way with past relationships, but I don't think I've articulated it so clearly and with such simple beauty. I think this is incredibly enlightened and very comforting. I am going to save a copy to reread! Smiling (click to insert in post) Thank you for sharing this!

I'm more pulled towards buddhism, but my partner is Muslim and he lives by the notion of being grateful for all that God gives him - the good and the bad. He accepts it all without judgement. It is pretty impressive actually. I think that is why he was able to survive his past really difficult relationship experience. Of course, I don't want to pretend, he also took a lot from that past out on me and that is why I am here, but you know what... .your post reminds me to be grateful even for that - for my own chance to learn and be a better person even in the face of such BIG challenges. Smiling (click to insert in post)

wishing you peace!

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
PaticAttack

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:20:03 PM »

Thank you pear!  It was a wonderful vision, to bad I'm on a damn emotional rollercoaster. It's very hard to keep the positive in mind. And of course, when I feel positive, I try reaching out only to get my hand slapped. Ugh!
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:39:49 PM »

hi PaticAttack,

i want to echo pearlsw that this is an inspiring post, and i think at four months out, its a remarkable attitude. these are hard lessons; excruciating.  ive seen a lot of recoveries, and i would say that bitterness is once of the biggest hindrances. to let go of that will take you far.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest