Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 03:07:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: In love with a mid-functioning, covert BPD  (Read 361 times)
Love_a_BPD
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: December 20, 2017, 01:06:37 AM »

Hi. I could really use help. I recently ended a 30 year marriage with a sociopath who I learned was unfaithful 10 years on. I stayed for 20 more years (BIG mistake.) Now, I’ve started only my second serious relationship of my life with a beautiful lady with savage BPD. (I attract people like this as I am a classic empath, and I’m attracted to them because I MUST convince them to treat me well. Yes I’ve started therapy... .) Anyhow - I’m 6 months on. Police have been called twice, restaining order filed once, I’ve endured minor physical abuse and extreme verbal and emotional abuse. She abuses her children and has an extensive DSS case file, including having the kids taken from her, once. She’s had a history of multiple sex partners and STD’s, and cheated on her ex. She lost her teaching license due to “inappropriate contact” with a middle school boy who “made her feel good.” She is racist, curses like a sailor, and despises anyone on welfare, but is herself on food stamps and Medicaid. Her ex pays most of her bills via child support, a former fiancé pays one monthly bill and co-owns her car, and I have been buying her “wants” and loaning her money. On our third day together, I told her of my faith and my goal to not have sex until marriage. Her response was “me too!” Within 10 minutes she had removed all her clothing and told me she loved me. (No, it didn’t work, that time. It did 6 days later... .) On day 4 of knowing her, she asked to borrow $300. 6 months later, she owes me $6,600. My therapist says I’ll never get this money back. Honestly, my fear of being alone makes it hard to say no... .anyway, I could go on and on and on, but I simply need someone to give me some hope. I want this to work - what can I do to make things better?
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Tattered Heart
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 09:15:35 AM »

I'm sorry that you are going through such a difficult time in your relationship.

Many of her behaviors are quite concerning. Do you feel like the T is helping you?

Did you ask for the RO to be removed?

It sounds like Boundaries are going to be especially important as your pwBPD sounds like someone who likes to push people past their limits.

What are some of your values that you are unwilling to compromise for her?
What will you do if she tries to violate those values?

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life Proverbs 13:12

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest