Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 29, 2024, 08:46:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello. I know my mom has NSD and possibly BPD.  (Read 363 times)
Greekhousewife
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« on: January 20, 2018, 01:53:40 AM »

My mother and I have been estranged for 8 months (This time).  I'm finally in therapy and now that I'm 57 years old am realizing that it's her and not me.  It's so freeing (and hurtful) at the same time realizing everything I've had to endure my whole life. 

Anyway, I'm glad to have found a site where there are people I can relate to.  :-)
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »

NSD... .do you mean NPD, or is this something else?

In any case,

Welcome

How can we help support you Greekhousewife?

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
ArtemisGardens

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 03:00:26 PM »

Welcome! 
I am also currently estranged from my BPD-mother (3 weeks this time, also probably the 17th time in the last 24 months). I completely understand the feeling of being "free" but also "hurting" at the same time.     I am also newly in therapy. 
One thing I have done before that hindered my strength was go over and over the past. You mentioned that you are realizing all that you have had to endure your whole life. Right there with you. Reading self care books/articles made me identify all kinds of abuse I had no idea that were actually abuse at the time.  There is one important thing you need to realize also  Attention(click to insert in post) You did not deserve any of the abuse that happened to you.   Attention(click to insert in post)
Currently, the goal is focusing on self-care and setting boundaries. I got the self-care down, but I have no idea what to do setting boundaries which is why I am here.
Tips for self care-
Put affirmations on your bathroom mirror. Read them out loud every time you take a shower. If your mother calls you ugly, write down "I am beautiful inside and out." If your mother tries to make you believe you are a failure, write down examples of things you are actually proud of. They can be small things like "I have a beautiful garden." Whatever YOU have done or created that YOU are actually proud of is valid and means you are a success. Read them out loud every day until you believe it.

I wish you peace,  , and healing.
-AG
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest