Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 09:41:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I decide, and know that it is the right choice?  (Read 392 times)
FyreFli
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: February 20, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »

Hello!

I am new here.  I am hoping to gain some insight and get some advice from others living with a spouse with BPD.  I seem to change my mind every day about what I should do about staying or leaving. It just depends on how that day is going.  How do I decide, and know that it is the right choice?  

Just looking for a place to start, I guess.  

Thank you!
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

RisingFromAshes

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 06:01:49 AM »

Hi and Welcome!

Most of us have been or still are in your shoes and know how it feels.

Unfortunately, no one can make that decision for you.

Only you know what you can and cannot tolerate, only you can see whether there is any chance and it's worth to save your relationship.

However, here you can get a lot of advice and support whichever direction you chose to go.
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »

Hey FyreFli, Welcome!  As RisingfromAshes notes, we are not in a position to tell you what to do.  We can, however, help you to find the right path for you.  It does depend on the day, doesn't it?  A BPD r/s goes in cycles, as you have observed.  The place to start, I suggest, is with yourself, by treating yourself with care and compassion, and paying attention to your own needs.  What would you like to see happen?  What are your gut feelings?  Fill us in a little about your marriage, when you get a chance.

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Margot Az

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 01:28:57 PM »

Hello FyreFli, I had found it difficult to ask myself this question every day. It's a huge decision to tackle of course. However, there is two issues in that question.
1- we seem to change our mind every day
2- leaving?  
Changing our mind every day shows that we cannot envision anything in a clear way, right? To me, this is the main point before I would decide to leave or not. It's an important topic even for smaller purposes. Being here since two months helps me to understand how I became so confused. It helps me to be determinate again in my acts and to visualize things without depending of the continuous upheavals.  Participing to this platform first essentially allievates the weight of such a situation and the pain certainly. Then it does bring us in a right position for answering our own questions. Somehow, it never occured to me before I met my man that I would have to learn how to deal with tremendous emotions (good or bad) instead of reason.  
Margot az

pearlsw

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »

Hi FyreFli,

Can you offer more details about your situation? It is not an easy decision. At times I have been willing to do all it takes to make it work, the last two months I am at my limit. What the future holds I can't say... .

What would make you want to stay? Or go?

warmly, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest