Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 10:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to seeking outlet/advice with my relationship with BPD  (Read 403 times)
Jam812
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 21, 2018, 12:25:30 AM »

Saying hello I found this site when researching more into BPD. I'm with a woman we have been together for nearly 2 years. She has been diagnosed with BPD for about 9 months now and we are working thru learning more about it, which i have only recently given it serious attention but im coming to realize so many similarities and causes for alot of issues and toxic behaviors in ourelationship, also coming to realise from my reading that I'm most likely a co-dependent. Looking forward to being a part of the community here it seems to have alot of people with insight and experience into BPD and a genuine willingness to help others to heal and grow. Thanks for existing and thanks for all the help im sure this community is going to offer!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

pearlsw

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 12:36:23 AM »

Hi Jam812,

Welcome

Can you please tell us more about the behaviors you are seeing? Does she seem to have many of the BPD traits, or few?

Are you working on your co-dependency?

with compassion, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Jam812
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 01:04:07 AM »

Hi Jam812,

Welcome

Can you please tell us more about the behaviors you are seeing? Does she seem to have many of the BPD traits, or few?

Are you working on your co-dependency?

with compassion, pearl.

It's been ongoing thru most of our relationship aside from the beginning (which seems to be common) abandonment issues, black / white thinking everything with her is either amazing or devastating, clinginess, mood swings typically anger or 'passive suicidal'(is how her therapist describes it), self destructive behaviour(were both recovering addicts shes nearing 1 year sober, 5 months on my side) promiscuity, history of bad and abusive relationships and cheating(old issue we had in the first year not currently taking place to my knowledge), attention seeking, needing constant validation of my love and commitment, dissociation, poor self image and lack of self worth.
She shows or has show nearly the whole gambit of typical symptoms and is also diagnosed and medicated for depression.
As far as my own co-dependence its something ive only started looking into recently and havent explored into it beyond google.
pearlsw

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 03:26:24 AM »

Hi again,

Perhaps this reading on Dealing with Enmeshment and Codependence could be helpful for you then. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Take a look if you like and let us know what you think!

How long have you been together? Do you live together? Do you get a lot of break up threats?

take care, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest