Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 20, 2024, 02:02:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD, adult daughter-last episode turned physical, what to do next?  (Read 883 times)
dodgerfan
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: June 11, 2018, 11:53:24 PM »

just found this site. looking for support and help from others. have hit a brick wall and feel powerless to "help her" any more. Even just listening. Last episode, 3 wks. ago, turned physical. What do to next?  
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:27:25 AM »

Hi dodgerfan

Hi!

Welcome to the community. I'm so glad you've reached out for support here, parents understand and can help you as you decide what to do next, you are not alone.  How are you, you say the last episode turned physical is concerning, what happened? It's no wonder you've hit a brick walk, feel powerless to help her anymore, we can help you move forwards.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
bluek9

we are full of color

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 12:30:33 PM »

Hi Dodgerfan,   

Just wanted to join Wdx in saying glad you're here. It's always sad, scary but not surprising when a parent says things got physical. That's awful and I hope you are ok? This a great place to look around, check things out; it can be a place to answer that question. There is a lesson at the right #2 about when your approach isn't working change it. I love it, it helps to give new perspective. ------>>
  My hope for you is that you feel comfortable here, encouraged and keep posting. Let us know how you are doing and if you need something.

H:healing, O:options, PE:positive encouragement
Overwhelmedabit

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:09:41 PM »

I’m so sorry about that. Has happened to me as well and it’s scary and so sad to think your child would do this to you.
Happened to me not long ago with my adult daughter.
Fortunately was able to find a care coordinator who got through to her a bit (she’s bipolar too) and got her some meds and some counseling fast.
Has helped some but she’s still terribly self destructive. I find I have to boot her out of the house when she is really abusive like that. You deserve not to be abused and to be safe. That said, if you have to be around her and she’s trashing, to be on the safe side I always keep my car keys in my pocket, my phone in my pocket and my purse in the car. Sometimes the best course of action is to flee. I hope that doesn’t sound too awful to you, it seems really awful to be writing this. Also one time I called the police, thought it might scare her a bit and calm things down. Physical stuff is a whole other level, be really careful. So sorry you’re going through this.  I hope she can get some help but gosh it’s tough, isn’t it? Trying to get them to admit they have a problem is hard and then finding someone to help and paying for it is hard too. Sending many prayers and good wishes you way!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest