Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 01, 2024, 12:35:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ghosted Again...She went from texting to getting cold  (Read 479 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: June 23, 2018, 12:14:39 AM »

Hey guys, so this is the third time I've been ghosted.

First, my expBPD. Second, the girl from my class who came back and did it again. And now this girl whom, I thought was going to be different and showed extreme interest and my friends even thought so too. She genuinely seemed like a positive person and full of good energy. She was anxious talking to me

It's funny, how you think "this time will be different" but it isn't. And you just question, whats wrong with me?

So this girl... We met a year ago, at this restaurant she worked at. She dated someone I knew at the time. We followed each other on social media. Talked here and there. Then last month, I asked her out. We went out on one date, and it was good. She did say something that triggered a red flag, she said "im kinda bipolar" in a joking way... .But idk if she was joking about it.  

She wanted to call me that same night, but my friends from california were over and i was at party with them. This was 3am she wanted to call. She wanted me to meet her friends and I had to decline because it was the second date, and I wasnt comfortable with that. Plus my friends were still over from california whom I didnt see in years. then she left the state with her family. we texted a lot, and I made sure i wasnt needy or over texting.

she came back, and we both were busy with school and work. then we went on a second date, she payed since I payed the first time. It was pretty good date. I drove over an hour to see her.

then after, we got busy again. Im working like crazy at my pharmacy. Shes taking summer courses and work. She still wanted me to meet her friends, and I became open to it. But she didnt send me an actual day.

Then I ask her out, and she says shes busy last saturday but asks for my schedule for this week and how she wants to see me. We made plans wednesday. Wednesday comes, and she texts me at 6am saying "i wont be busy til 7pm" and i say 'thats fine Ill pick you up then" then she texts me 5 hours later saying, "hey im sorry about the dry text earlier, I was half asleep. Does 2 work for you?" and I say "how about 3?" and she says "that works Smiling (click to insert in post) what do u wanna do today?" I tell her how I have hiking this little trail and lunch planned. and she sounds excited. then an hour later she says "something might have accidentally popped up what other day are you free this week?"

uhmm? That sounds like she is prioritizing another guy in my opinion. So i acted unbothered. She told me her friend came and she went to see them.  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

I said Im free friday. I told her thursday that id pick her up friday evening, then she says " you cant do friday morning? " and i say "no sorry taking my siblings to see incredibles 2" and she says "aw i understand" and I respond with "let me know when else youre free, we can make something work"

and no response. then she goes and posts on snapchat today but never replied to me...

She went from texting and chasing to getting cold and ghosting when I did nothing wrong. And its not like I was being cold to her either. I wasnt ignoring her or being needy. She wanted me to meet her friends, and pursued me. She wanted me to come on her campus and study with her, and made all these plans with me.

I really dont understand anymore.

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2014; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:29:25 AM »

This would be disappointing to me 

Maybe you can take it as her word that she's "kind of bipolar" which to me,  leaving aside any diagnosis,  is she telling you that she's flighty? She communicated something up front and then demonstrated it. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
juju2

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 05:33:28 AM »

Dont take it personal Cry.  Maybe these people are weeding themselves out?  I met this guy on pof, he seemed interested, called me from his away training, sounded like he was going to ask me out,  and never really did.  He always was "available " at times he knew didnt work for me.  These beginning signs i pay attention to.  They are not insignificant... .as much as they want us to think so.  It is getting to see behind the curtain, what is in store for us, if we continue.    So i am grateful if  someone weeds themself out with unacceptable behaviour.   There are great people out there, its my job to find THEM. 
Blessings,  j
Forearmed

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 06:27:55 AM »

I wouldn't even worry. Whether she's disordered or just flaky she's looking for a mug to by into her BS. If yo8 ahve enough self-esteem (and can attract the opposite sex) then keep busy, stay having fun out there and realise this could be 60 -70% of anyone you meet these days.

Next... .! : )
gotbushels

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 09:27:54 AM »

CryWolf   

Thank you for sharing. After I dated my ex I was blessed with some dates, and I do want to join juju2 on this one.
Dont take it personal ... .

It's difficult when we find someone new, and we're attracted to that person, and for some reason timings don't match up.
This would be disappointing to me 
Me too.

Actually, I do think you did well here.
Plus my friends were still over from california whom I didnt see in years.
Your relationships with your friends are important to you and you didn't overwrite plans with them.
then she says " you cant do friday morning? " and i say "no sorry taking my siblings to see incredibles 2"
Again, with those relationships you've established and invested in.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

I pursued someone attractive to me who didn't reciprocate, but I kept the things that were important to me just that: important. Looking back I still feel I did really well--even if I didn't 'get' that girl. I think a lot of what men and women do sometimes early in the dating phase has very little to do with your fault--so don't treat it like it is by haranguing yourself over what other men she may or may not be seeing.

Enjoy your weekend.   Smiling (click to insert in post)
1stTimer

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 11:22:56 AM »

Personally, I think you showed a little too much backbone and boundary to her. Not as in you did a bad thing as in she was tested and you held your ground (the 3am call, the going on with your life, the not acting bothered, the Incredibles, etc.). Your final "let me know when else you're free, we can make something work" likely fell on deaf ears by then as you'd already established (again, IMHO) 'making things work' meant taking yourself into account too. How dare you?
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 12:57:12 PM »

uhmm? That sounds like she is prioritizing another guy in my opinion. So i acted unbothered. She told me her friend came and she went to see them.  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

She wanted to call me that same night, but my friends from california were over and i was at party with them. This was 3am she wanted to call. She wanted me to meet her friends and I had to decline because it was the second date, and I wasnt comfortable with that. Plus my friends were still over from california whom I didnt see in years.

I said Im free friday. I told her thursday that id pick her up friday evening, then she says " you cant do friday morning? " and i say "no sorry taking my siblings to see incredibles 2" and she says "aw i understand"

far be it from me to suggest you ditch your buddies (let alone your siblings). however, theres starting to be a little bit of a recurring thing with you being a bit distant and unavailable. another member observed it with the prior girl. do you think thats playing a part?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
pearlsw

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 12:06:18 AM »

Hey CryWolf,

You remind me of someone I dated very briefly in my twenties. We met on the way to a party via a mutual friend. We were attracted pretty quickly and started trying to figure out how to meet up, but as fast as it started it seemed to end, just a few weeks. Other than being physically attractive, I wasn't sure I was that into him or not, whether we could really talk/relate.

Months later he showed up again and we briefly dated again, then he was suddenly gone again. I figured he wasn't that into me, and fine, whatever. Fast forward seven years, after we'd each had big break ups with the long term people we'd been with, we ran into each other again. This time we became friends, roommates even, but never dated again, and never really talked in-depth about why our dating didn't work, but he did say I was one of the most stable, reliable women he'd met. It was clear we might have actually been pretty good together, but we were both dating other people and just stayed friends. I have no major regrets over it though.

Back in our twenties I suspected though that he was probably dating multiple people, and something else took and we weren't that far along so he didn't say anything - of course there were fewer ways to contact back then than there are now!   I just didn't see him as a "serious" prospect, turns out he was a serious guy and he may actually have been a person I could have had something long-term with. Oh well. Smiling (click to insert in post) This was not a mental illness thing, just a dating thing. Could your situation just be a dating thing?

Anyway, maybe you didn't pursue enough back as once removed is wondering. I mean, if you want someone it does take a bit of effort, and she may have multiple prospects out there. If I'd played this differently I'd likely have ended up with a pretty solid life partner, etc. But at the time it just didn't click for either of us. Glad we became friends though! He's super cool!

What are you looking for in your life right now? How much do you have to offer someone? What do you want in return?

wishing you love, pearl.

p.s. I like that you are holding onto your friends though!

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
CryWolf

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 03:47:02 AM »

Hey all, this girl i didnt really get attatched too or saw a future with. But i did want to date and know each other more. she showed much interested. I guess what hurts is being ghosted. I wouldnt have minded the truth but it just goes to show peoples character.

On regards, of being more distant with the past few girls. I think its because of how I was proclaimed needy and attention seeking by my BPDex that I rewired myself. I put my ex first so many times, lost friendships and wasnt a good big brother. I am now putting myself first and my priorities with friends and family and whoever is close to me as to someone I only went on one date with. I know there are sacrifices in dating but if its not even the second date, then I dont think its worth it. Im not sure. Im in a different mindset these days as to where i was a long time ago.
spacecadet
formerly Wisedup22

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 07:09:31 AM »

Hi CryWolf, I'm not sure she ghosted you, from this thread it sounds like you had prior plans a couple times.

I don't like that she actually canceled plans with you, for me that would be the end (excepting emergency which sometimes we have to take on faith -- once).

Also she said she's bipolar? (maybe) One dilemma that can arise with, "I don't see a future with her, I just want to explore." There's an attraction there but the time to see and act on yellow or red flags is before the exploring and ending up in bed. That can incrementally turn into a r/s. It's all your thing to decide, this would be my thought process.

It doesn't seem to me that you were too unavailable... .it's good that you don't cancel plans with friends or sibs to see a woman. That's an attractive trait and not the least bit off-putting to a healthy woman. I'd go a bit further and say unless you are exclusive you don't owe an explanation as to why you're unavailable. just, "Tuesday doesn't work for me, how about Thursday?"

The only thing I would say is if you really like someone, and you ask out for a certain time and she's not available, try to pin down a date in that same conversation even if it goes into the next week. That signals that you're interested while being unwilling to change plans to be with her, which would signal a bit of anxiousness or valuing her time over your own. I find this approach attractive in men: they value their time, keep their commitments and they value my company.

So to me you were not ghosted, it's all in how you frame it.
Forearmed

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 08:07:38 AM »

Spacecadet - She made sketchy plans or firm ones at her convenience ; ) Blew-off at last moments a couple of times and then disappeared. At best, she's flaky... .at worst, she's 100% ghosted.

Certainly doesn't appear worth any more time spent - unless you love chasing unavailable women : )
Shawnlam

Relationship status: Dating since 11/18. Trying to recover from 3 breakups

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 02:35:28 PM »

I tend to agree that honestly if they seem flaky or unstable best not waste too much time with them.Protect yourself ,do your own thing and don’t invest too much into people that are that unstable at the beginning of any courtship.Thats what I do now,way easier and you don’t get that feeling of being shifted for someone else .Not caring when people do stuff like this to you ,has been understated .I fore one don’t care as much anymore unless the other person is being respectful then it’s reciprocal.My two cents ! Life’s to short to waste it emotionally on people who aren’t worth the effort.Kinda one of the points or aspects I learnt from coming out of a BPD relationship... .makes you stronger if you decided to take it as a learning experience.

Forearmed

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 04:30:45 PM »

Shawnlam - Nailed.  Bullet: completed (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest