Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 02:18:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had a couple of dates with a non, a wonderful man  (Read 452 times)
juju2

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: June 25, 2018, 03:00:12 AM »

I had a couple of dates with a non, a wonderful man, and that made a difference in my growth.  To know i can be normal and attractive to a great guy.  He has helped me.
Am going very slow, he is more ready than i am to get into a r/s.  And then, something from his past came up, he said he is unavailable for a while.  And i am not freaking out... .

Its ok if he never gets in contact with me again.  I trust my Higher Power.  

One thing i've done that i will stop, is i help my ex w financial difficulties.  Thats an old pattern, we had income inequality, and its not appreciated.  Its just putting my resources into a black hole.  After all these years, everything i gave and did, its exhausting to me.  I no longer am interested in a one sided r/s.  Its not so much that i dont want to be generous.  Its just that i have to get smart, get discernment.  Pause.  Sorry i hijacked again... .
Shawnlam

Relationship status: Dating since 11/18. Trying to recover from 3 breakups

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 06:48:25 AM »

It seems you are very aware of what you need to do which is an excellent state of mind to be in.Also not getting to attached and investing too much at the beginning of a relationship or courtship is a good path to be on,always protect yourself and put yourself first “always” .This isn’t being selfish it’s being a survivalist which in today’s world is a must.!

gotbushels

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 08:36:26 AM »

I had a couple of dates with a non, a wonderful man, and that made a difference in my growth.  To know i can be normal and attractive to a great guy.  He has helped me.
Fantastic. Of course we learn not to become dependent on outside recognition, but it's always pleasant to get that 'you're alright' when dating. Feels good.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Am going very slow, he is more ready than i am to get into a r/s.  And then, something from his past came up, he said he is unavailable for a while.  And i am not freaking out... .
... .
I trust my Higher Power.  
Even better. Way to go juju2   Smiling (click to insert in post)
Insom

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »

Excerpt
I had a couple of dates with a non, a wonderful man, and that made a difference in my growth.  To know i can be normal and attractive to a great guy.

I'm with gotbushels. This is great, juju2!  I know the idealization/devaluation cycle typical in BPD relationships can take a toll on your self esteem.  It must feel great to spend time with someone you feel attracted to who returns those feelings. 

Excerpt
One thing i've done that i will stop, is i help my ex w financial difficulties.  Thats an old pattern, we had income inequality, and its not appreciated.  Its just putting my resources into a black hole. After all these years, everything i gave and did, its exhausting to me.  I no longer am interested in a one sided r/s.

I support this.  Do you have a plan for the next time he reaches out for financial support?  What do you imagine that conversation looking like?

juju2

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:17:42 PM »

the conversation just would be, i spent 800
on X, that i dont have. 

And then i help him out.  He is intuitive, he may not ask me, since my energy has shifted... .

I just cannot believe he walked away from our ten yr r/s.  We had been thru so much, kids on drugs, living w us, getting one of them off meth, i could write a book.  Actually, i am going to start a new thread, what were the top 3 most distressing behaviours you endured on a regular basis... .
Insom

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 12:16:05 PM »

Excerpt
the conversation just would be, i spent 800
on X, that i dont have. 

And then i help him out.  He is intuitive, he may not ask me, since my energy has shifted... .

What do you imagine happening between saying no . . . and then helping him out?  Can you imagine saying no and letting it stand? 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest