Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
June 15, 2024, 12:29:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Met a girl, part: 3  (Read 990 times)
CryWolf

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: July 22, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »

I would like to thank everyone who has been helping me, and being patient. You all have been giving me amazing advice and helped me.

Here is part 2: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=327004.0

i dont know that i look at it as you coming at the wrong time. you showed her a good time. you had a good time. you impressed her with the chivalry. you didnt chase her away. all in all, you did pretty well, things went pretty well.

I have been kicking myself like crazy since yesterday because I think, that me opening up scared her and ruined things. she texted me saying "fam". You call someone "fam" in today's slang if you see them as a friend or family, also its a way of friend zoning someone.

I know this sounds dumb, but this is how texting and dating is nowadays.

I also, dont think she will be leaving permanently to new york city. she is going with her friend, and they both are exploring but dont have a plan. She told me she bought a one way ticket and staying at a hotel and see how it goes. NYC is expensive, and she has her school, pets, family, friends here.

She could definitely move, and its none of my business what she does in her life.

My hopes here, are if she does return she thinks of all the good that came and possibly restarting the "what could have been".

as for the drug use mentioned before, I have always been open to it, as i experiment too since we both are in college. i dont judge her, but i get worried if it will become a long term habit/problem.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 03:36:33 PM »

she texted me saying "fam". You call someone "fam" in today's slang if you see them as a friend or family, also its a way of friend zoning someone.

yeah yeah yeah. i used to think if a girl called me dude, or bro, or friend, that it meant the same thing.

youre going to drive yourself crazy if you think in those terms. its simply not the case. know how many times my ex called me "buddy"?

i have a lot of thoughts on "friend zoning" that probably merit a separate thread. suffice to say, to the extent that such a thing even exists, i think people put themselves there. someone doesnt use a slang term and "bang", youre their friend. you dont go out on dates with someone whom you see as a friend.

in the broader context, from what i read in your thread, it did sound like she was backing off and inserting some distance because she understood you wanted more than she was prepared to give. thats just human nature and its respectful to you and to her.

I also, dont think she will be leaving permanently to new york city. she is going with her friend, and they both are exploring but dont have a plan. She told me she bought a one way ticket and staying at a hotel and see how it goes. NYC is expensive, and she has her school, pets, family, friends here.

the bottom line is that i think she is more interested in having fun and living her life than a committed romantic relationship.

as for the drug use mentioned before

its one example in a bigger picture of clicking with someone, finding them endearing, or being put off by them. you were obviously put off with her getting high on your date. i would be too. with something like that, i dont know that id decide to never see them again. i would lower my expectations significantly, and that would eventually lead us there.

dates are about getting to know the other person and feeling them out. what we like and dont like.

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 05:22:56 PM »

CW,

You gave it your best shot and things didn't line up for the two of you, so it's a non runner.  In it's simplest form, you wanted different things and that will happen.
 It's a shame, but also a good learning experience.  What do you think you can extract from this and take with you?

How long has it now been since your last r/s?  I noticed that you said how important it was to you for her to like you, and that seemed to be a priority for you.  Could that be the reason for the anxiety do you think?  Where do you think that comes from? 

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
CryWolf

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 06:17:40 PM »

CW,

You gave it your best shot and things didn't line up for the two of you, so it's a non runner.  In it's simplest form, you wanted different things and that will happen.
 It's a shame, but also a good learning experience.  What do you think you can extract from this and take with you?

How long has it now been since your last r/s?  I noticed that you said how important it was to you for her to like you, and that seemed to be a priority for you.  Could that be the reason for the anxiety do you think?  Where do you think that comes from? 

What I can take from this is that I gave my best. We had so much in common and the time spent with her was phenomenal. I think she is amazing and although she possesses flaws, she was someone I could connect with. We both agreed how we have so much in common, values, Interests, goals. Literally everything that it was a surprise if we disagreed.

Its been 8 months since my last relationship. I dated around and the previous people I dated ended in major complications. I am actually happy those ended and I got to meet this girl. I know I’m sad at the moment and finding any reason for an excuse. But I think she did like me or was catching feelings at least, I Think now I know why she became distant as she knew she was leaving too and didn’t want me to wait.

She didn’t end things with me, but I feel like she did. When I dropped her off she told me “let’s do this again sometime”

I really want to pursue dating her if she comes back but I want it to be her idea. In the meantime school is starting, and I’ll be focusing on that and see what happens.

I really liked this girl as I’ve mentioned a bunch before. I’m not going to wait for her. But I think we could have been something special. Her drug use didn’t bother me as I smoked with her on some of the dates but her being a stoner and saying how much she loves drugs was a bother to me. Or how she was high when I picked her up instead of being sober first and then waiting to smoke. But she is a stoner and we joked about it.

Her liking me was a priority’s because I liked her a lot and she had this persona she set that all these guys are all over her and she is such a catch and I got lost in my own thoughts about how I’m in a competition.

I would like to date her casually and not let me rush her into anything and ive told her this.

How do I proceed? I feel like I’m in a state of limbo right now. She’s leaving Tuesday, I don’t wanna over communicate and chase and push her away. I feel like I have to tell her I’m still Interested  if she’s comes back. I want to apologize I forgot I Came off strong.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »

So the last thing she said was "let's do this again sometime".  What was the last thing you said to her?

Love and light x

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
CryWolf

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »

So the last thing she said was "let's do this again sometime".  What was the last thing you said to her?

Love and light x

I said, “yea of course”

We had a convo today if she still is  
Going to the DMV tomorrow and if she wanted to go together, she told me she was already going with someone. Our conversations were light. Her response times were much quicker.
I told her I just wanted to see her before she left. I kept my responses light.

Her responding bck to me is a good sign and I know she has a lot of friends whom come first so I’m not offended If she’s busy. Plus she hasn’t even packed and still has to get paperwork done.

I’m probably coming off strong but we both don’t know if she will ever come back. I’m going to step back now since I showed her my interest in seeing her before she left.

It is what it is.
CryWolf

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 11:20:42 PM »

my last message to her was "oh , i was trying to see you before you left"

she opened and saw the message. no response. i guess its safe to say i should move on now.
CryWolf

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 11:39:35 PM »

i wanted to leave things on a better note in person than our date on friday. i messed up.
CryWolf

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 11:27:42 AM »

I remember on our date she brought up a text message Exchange.
She told me in person, “you never responded to my video, you made me feel like I didn’t matter”
And I said “what are you talking about? I did about one of the parts in the video I liked”
And she said “oh I had no idea that was about the video. I was confused so I didn’t reply”

Not sure if this exchange takes into anything.

Wrote this out to possibly send to her next week or so, so I’m not bombarding her.
She leaves tomorrow.

“It was great getting to know you and spending time with you. You’re really funny and charming. Have a great time in New York. You’ll enjoy SOHO and dumbo. If you ever come back, perhaps we get some decent coffee. “

Thoughts?
Insom

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »

Excerpt
Wrote this out to possibly send to her next week or so, so I’m not bombarding her.
She leaves tomorrow.

“It was great getting to know you and spending time with you. You’re really funny and charming. Have a great time in New York. You’ll enjoy SOHO and dumbo. If you ever come back, perhaps we get some decent coffee. “

What is the goal here? 

CryWolf

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 12:17:09 PM »

What is the goal here? 

id like to continue dating her and not rush anything. keep things open and see where it goes.
CryWolf

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 11:55:33 PM »

seperation anxiety is kicking in.

she leaves tomorrow.
we didnt end anything, she still responded to my messages yesterday. she told me she'd like to see me again sometime when i dropped her off on our date. shes a busy girl, and wants to enjoy her freedom. im comfortable with that. 
not sure when she will come back.
she has my number and snapchat, and what i would hope for is for her to contact me when she's back. but so far ive done most of the initiations. i would like for her to message me when she comes back and continue what we had, but im not going to wait. I want to give her the space to miss me. Im not sure if this will happen as we only went on 3 dates.

i am going to back off now. she knows i like her, i have showed her nothing but chivalry, and fun times (her statements). i did tell her on our date, that "if i ever come off too strong let me know. i dont want to push you away or move too fast". she told me "its fine just be yourself and who you are" and i said "i know, but everyone has different love languages and i dont want to cross any of your boundaries"

I guess time will tell. She doesnt seem to chase. or initiate. i know a lot of you ask why I like this girl. If it was healthy for me. Im not going to lie, i became anxious over her statements of other guys, and her whole persona she played of how she is a catch, and how unavailable she is. etc. it threw me off center. it put me in fog.

While she is away my goal is to regain my confidence and recenter. so if she does come back, or i meet someone else I will be in the right frame of mind.

I truly did like this girl, but I did put a whole lot of pressure on the situation by saying things like "this is the first girl I had feelings for in a while". this only made the situation more intense and caused me to be more in my fight or flight mode.

Insom

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 10:19:49 AM »

It sounds like this is a very attractive girl you've met.  It must have felt great being out and about on dates with her.  And because of your age and her attractiveness I'm sure you feel a biological imperative to keep things going as long as you can.

At the same time, the feelings you've reported between dates with haven't been so great.  You've felt anxious; frustrated and angry re: your different communication styles; and perhaps a bit perfectionistic re: date planning and texting.  Also, there is the age difference, and differences in your attitudes about drug use.

In your next relationship, how would you like to feel?  Can you picture enjoying being out and about with someone new?  How would you like to feel between dates?

Excerpt
seperation anxiety is kicking in.

Yeah, I hear that this has felt hard and can relate to feeling anxious around goodbyes.  What else is going on in your life this week?  Anything new on the horizon you're looking forward to?

flourdust

Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 02:49:53 PM »

Hey, CW, I'm going to call a time out. Flag down!  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

Let's take a pause from you narrating the day by day, hour by hour sequence of events and your feelings. Take a look back at the advice and observations others have made on this thread, OK?

Then ... .summarize them. What are you being told? And what is your reaction to that?

CryWolf

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 03:15:04 PM »

Hey, CW, I'm going to call a time out. Flag down!  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post)

Let's take a pause from you narrating the day by day, hour by hour sequence of events and your feelings. Take a look back at the advice and observations others have made on this thread, OK?

Then ... .summarize them. What are you being told? And what is your reaction to that?

I’m being asked if she passes my tests. She is what I like, but she is confusing. She is avoidant but also has stated clearly she doesn’t want a relationship. Which I am fine with.

The things I don’t like is how I feel like I am chasing her. How mostly everything is initiated by me and I feel like I am in some competition whether it’s fantasy or not due to her setting that dynamic.

I’m being told to cut my losses and move on. That she most likely will not message me and I should take it as a lesson learned. I honestly don’t want this. I want to continue dating her but only if it’s mutual. In the current moment, I feel like ___ and empty. I liked this girl, and I’m not sure how she felt. But it seemed like she was somewhat starting to like me. I didn’t try to force anything although I brought up my intentions to her. I didn’t want her to think I was a player or only wanted sex like how she brought up.

Her drug use is not a problem for me, although I said it was. I experiment with drugs too at this moment in life. The only thing I didn’t like was how she was high when I picked her up instead of waiting to smoke together. It kind of irked me. Other than that. She’s a stoner, and she told me she will stop when she’s in grad school. I know this girl isn’t ready to be tied down, and although that’s what I want I don’t mind dating her and taking it slow. I keep repeating myself, and I know it’s a bit sad.

I hate how currently she makes me feel, she says she’s terrible at texting but she’s gone even more distant. Either she’s just busy or she doesn’t care. Idk. She said she’s like this with everyone not just me.

I’m not sure what I did for her to not message me first anymore or act cold?

I’m not ready to cut my losses or give up. But I don’t want to chase or be needy and clingy.
CryWolf

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 03:52:55 PM »

IS THEre something I’m being blind too? I want to salvage this with the girl, if she comes back.

Everyone’s telling me she doesn’t have interest at this point. And I’m not ready to accept it, which I probably should.
flourdust

Relationship status: In the process of divorce after 12 year marriage

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 10:58:47 AM »

Good start, CW.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

One more thing -- what are people here telling you about your own thoughts, behaviors, or intentions?

CryWolf

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 03:38:14 AM »

Good start, CW.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

One more thing -- what are people here telling you about your own thoughts, behaviors, or intentions?

I’m not sure. Despite some red flags, I am willing to see where this goes if it’s mutual. I have not reached out to her and will not. She knows how to find me, and if she does great. I left the door open and she knows I wanted to see her before she left, if she ever chose to think I didn’t care. I am also respecting her boundaries by not messaging her on her trip. She has left me on “read” too many times that I don’t appreciate.

She said she wanted to see me again, so hopefully she will message me when she comes back. Unless this is her way of ending what we had.

I am meeting a friend of hers, and someone that’s close to her bestfriend this Wednesday for dinner. I met him at the party that I met her, and he seemed like a cool person to be friends with. I will not bring her up, unless he mentions her. If anything I’ll just tell him, “Remember that girl I met at the party? We went on a few dates. She seems like a cool person” and leave it at that. Because I know it most defintelt will get back to her.

I will not ask any questions or details regarding her.

What do you guys think?
juju2

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 07:11:58 AM »

Cry.

have been reading tons, stuff on relationships.
Its a sign of weakness to mention her to her friends.or her family.
Its just what the r/s experts think.  Put yourself in her shoes, you are the one cooling things, you are leaving.  What would you think if she looked weak to you, would you be attracted or not. ? You have to
be counter intuitive, they call it keeping control of your emotions or something... .

Idk.  Take it or leave it.  The one chasing is the weak one, the one out there living life is the desired one... .

I am trying to learn new skills.

If anything, share w this guy neat and exciting things you are up to!

Best, j
Skip
Site Director

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 08:34:31 AM »

An important question.  What did you learn from your failed relationship to apply going forward? That is why we are here. To advance emotional maturity and to apply it in our life.

As for the dating situation... .two things are very important for two people to click - raw attraction and for it to be the right time/emotional condition for connecting.  

This sounds like she likes you, enjoyed spending time, but is not feeling a deep attraction or in the mental mindset to build a relationship. Writing the best text or doing the best posing matters when a relationship is in the making... .but if it's not, it's not.

You see this. You have described it accurately. You get it.

So what is going on (hint, it has nothing to do with this girl)?

Insom

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 08:42:26 AM »

Excerpt
IS THEre something I’m being blind too?

It sounds like you're having a hard time seeing the forest for the trees.  FWW, this started out as a Learning post because you're dipping your toe in the relationship stream after splitting with your ex.  Today it sounds like a Detaching post because you're struggling with feeling attached to someone you went on three dates with who has moved to a new city.  There's a lot to explore here if you choose.  Are you interested in exploring?

Excerpt
Everyone’s telling me she doesn’t have interest at this point.

Is this a fair statement?  You've received a range of supportive feedback here from people confirming that she's certainly shown interest to reflecting back to you things she's said about not wanting an exclusive, long term relationship.

Excerpt
She knows how to find me, and if she does great. I left the door open and she knows I wanted to see her before she left, if she ever chose to think I didn’t care. I am also respecting her boundaries by not messaging her on her trip. She has left me on “read” too many times that I don’t appreciate.

This sounds like a plan with a caveat . . . What is the impact on you of leaving this relationship loop open?  If you were to close the loop (come to a decision that she's left and leave it at that) how might that change your behavior going forward?  Are you emotionally available to connect with other women while this loop is open?

Excerpt
I am meeting a friend of hers, and someone that’s close to her bestfriend this Wednesday for dinner. I met him at the party that I met her, and he seemed like a cool person to be friends with. I will not bring her up, unless he mentions her.

Who initiated this meetup?  FWIW, depending on who initiated the meetiup and why, it has the potential to feel like a boundary violation to her. 

CryWolf

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 09:33:43 AM »

Put yourself in her shoes, you are the one cooling things, you are leaving.  What would you think if she looked weak to you, would you be attracted or not. ? You have to
be counter intuitive, they call it keeping control of your emotions or something... .

Idk.  Take it or leave it.  The one chasing is the weak one, the one out there living life is the desired one... .

very true, I will not gain anything mentioning her. I am trying to implement not chasing either, as I did a lot imo.

An important question.  What did you learn from your failed relationship to apply going forward? That is why we are here. To advance emotional maturity and to apply it in our life.

Hey Skip  ,

I learned from my r/s that the best thing to do is give space, let feelings come naturally. If someone pulls away you should mirror that. Dont let fear and anxiety control you, and start to pursue more and push them away.

I want to be in the best frame of mind, and be centered. Not rush anything, and allow the new rs to be wanted from sides.

So what is going on (hint, it has nothing to do with this girl)?

deep down. I guess it has to be wanting to be loved. I want someone to pick me. Not me chase, and do all these things just for someones attention. I dont mind courting, but I want someone to do the same. I want to be someones first option.

It feels sad writing this out. . But, im tired of giving everything and then being left or not good enough. I know this probably stems back to my dad leaving. But, when the dynamics dont change, but your approach does it becomes disheartening after a while.

I think I give up on dating for a while.

Is this a fair statement?  You've received a range of supportive feedback here from people confirming that she's certainly shown interest to reflecting back to you things she's said about not wanting an exclusive, long term relationship.

it is not a fair statement. I was writing from a mindset of dissapointment and a little anger. I needed something to tell myself to vent and tell myself she never liked me so I could stop holding on to hope.

I know this is not the right thing to do. And I have come to realize that the past few days. Whether, she comes back or not, I need to accept what it was and enjoy it and learn from it.

I also had a bunch of friends in my life tell me she used me or shes playing me. Those played a role as well in me writing negatively. But, I know this wasnt the case. I wanted answers and talk to anyone for any sign of what happened as I was thinking of different reasons.

What is the impact on you of leaving this relationship loop open?  If you were to close the loop (come to a decision that she's left and leave it at that) how might that change your behavior going forward?  Are you emotionally available to connect with other women while this loop is open?

Who initiated this meetup?  FWIW, depending on who initiated the meetiup and why, it has the potential to feel like a boundary violation to her.  

Im not going to wait for her. The door is open if she ever contacts me again. I dont think she is moving because she told me put vacation leave on her two jobs. She also told me her parents got her a car, so she can start driving again and how she is getting auto insurance again.

So I'm not sure why she had to tell me she is moving. I noticed she does this a lot with a lot of our conversations. She says one thing but then contradicts herself, i.e.
"i dont go on second dates" I get a third date.
"she is trying to stop cursing" curses like a sailor and then says she only said that when she met me.
"i like how you text me during the day and our dates are so fun" but then she says "dont get me wrong i have fun on dates too when guys hit me up at night to meet them for drinks"

its like this with a lot of convos we have whenever she seems to open up or some info about her, or how she feels about me. It has me confused this whole time we have dated.

my BPDex did the same when we first dated. we hold hands, she would say "i hold hands with everyone"
my BPDex also said in the early stages, "my friends all call me a dominatrix"
my BPDex also told me she wants to keep her options open how she is talking to two other guys (both were her ex)

Im not saying this new girl has BPD. Im just saying i feel anxiety dating this girl, and im not sure if its because she also makes it seem like is the "catch" just like my BPD ex did.

But yea, Im not sure why she told me shes moving or possibly moving when she also told me about all these other future plans she has going on here. Either she wants me to stop pursuing and think she moved away, or pursue more by making me anxious which she has done a good job of. I have no idea. its been since sunday and not one message from her. I dont want to always initiate contact.

idk. Im a person who likes to know why and i think of a bunch of scenarios. its not healthy

Who initiated this meetup?  FWIW, depending on who initiated the meetiup and why, it has the potential to feel like a boundary violation to her.  

I initiated the meetup, me and her talked about the party before, and i mentioned how i met this guy at the party and he was there when me and her were talking. she told me 'oh yea i know him" and i told her yea hes really cool.

he asked for my info and we talked about hanging out at the party. Ive been meaning to message him sooner but never got around to it. we made plans for dinner. Should i cancel?  I like networking, and I dont want to bring her up as it will be creepy.

CryWolf

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »

Keep asking myself if I should send a playful Snapchat pic, or wait til she responds  to me.
:/
Insom

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 01:45:18 PM »

Excerpt
I want someone to pick me. Not me chase, and do all these things just for someones attention. I dont mind courting, but I want someone to do the same. I want to be someones first option.

This is a great summation of what you want in a relationship.  Does she "pass your test" in this regard?

CryWolf

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2018, 10:16:22 AM »

This is a great summation of what you want in a relationship.  :)oes she "pass your test" in this regard?

She told me “I’m a different person in a relationship. I am clingy and always want to see you”

She also stated she doesn’t know how she catches feelings for someone.

I never really had any tests, as I’ve avoided this question throughout the post. But I guess my tests are,
-does she communicate? Yes and no.

-am I a priority? No. But it’s understsndable. We aren’t committed and we’ve only been on 3 dates. I need to stop acting entitled. People have lives. But i wish she would at least text me or message me first. So I know she’s remotely interested besides saying yes to dates. Like, at least a follow up text or just a hey. Or something. Anything . It feels like I’m doing all the work and it’s making me assess and overthink. It shouldn’t be this complicated.

I know we said she likes me but the timing isn’t right. She has other focuses now, but she also makes it seem like she’s like this with other guys as well. Since day 1, she’s made this persona of herself that she has guys chase her, date her, she has a lot of guy friends, etc. It feels like she purposely did this, to get my interest higher than before. You know when you have a gut feeling that something doesn’t add up? That’s how it feels. And nothing is either confirmed or not with her. When I see her, she tells me she’s been busy all week with friends, and her plans with friends. So her dating around isn’t confirmed. But i understand if she doesn’t want to say she was just on a date while she’s on a date with me. Nothing is certain with her.

When I asked her plans for Sunday night last week, she told me she had work. But then sends me a snap of her bed. She was in bed sleeping and I processed if she lied about working or not. How are you going to lay in bed when you told me you work that time? Idk.

I am overthinking.

The whole moving thing doesn’t make sense to me.

I am trying not to put too much meaning on texts but if it’s been over a week, and she hasn’t initiated contact in any means. Then I think it’s safe to say it’s time to move on. If you develop some feelings at least for someone you can message them or even a Snapchat.

I also think me chasing her fed into her ego a little bit. I don’t mean to sound narc or egotistical by stating this, but I’m restating things she’s mentioned before that seemed to mean something to her. How I’m 24, she’s 21. How I’m not like guys her age. How I’m about go pharmacy school soon. How I drive a really nice car (her words), how I dress really well. I wonder if these things, + chasing her seem to be feeding her ego. All the dates I did, were amazing and thoughtful. (Her words). So with everything I’ve done, and shown. I can’t get a text back from her ? Or an initiation?

Whenever we talk about deep questions, she becomes hesitant. She has no hobbies or interests really. Just music, and games. She doesn’t know who she is or what she wants.

She told me no one ever bought her flowers before. We go to a sun flower farm, pick flowers and then tell her “how does it feel getting flowers?” She wanted to get some for her mom, but didn’t want to be a burden. I told her it’s okay and we can pick  some for her mom as well.

I think she’s just not that interested. Or there could be someone else.

After writing this, it seems like I am detaching a bit and looking for answers. None of it makes sense.

Making me a playlist with lovey songs and naming it after our date. Telling me you feel hurt when I didn’t respond to a text but then not texting back yourself and saying you don’t text much?

I ended up venting . Sorry  Smiling (click to insert in post)

Skip
Site Director

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2018, 12:02:08 PM »

I think she’s just not that interested. Or there could be someone else.

After writing this, it seems like I am detaching a bit and looking for answers. None of it makes sense.

It makes sense. She keeps laying down her cards. You grasp the face cards, you are confused by the other cards.

They are all her cards. She has a lot of stuff going on. She likes you. She doesn't like you enough to derail her plains and other activities.

Dating is like this. Most relations fail in the first 90 days.

It would be interesting to see how many crushes and dates the average person goes on before meeting a serious partner. It's a high number.

deep down. I guess it has to be wanting to be loved. I want someone to pick me. Not me chase, and do all these things just for someones attention. I dont mind courting, but I want someone to do the same. I want to be someones first option.

It feels sad writing this out. . But, im tired of giving everything and then being left or not good enough. I know this probably stems back to my dad leaving. But...

This isn't that relationship. You can't earn it from her by being better. And, yes, you are carrying some baggage that makes this hard.

This is what we are all living with.

With her, plant the best seed, and let her go. maybe you will get another shot at it later.

Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »

Quote from: CryWolf
I think I give up on dating for a while.

CryWolf, that sounds like a plan which could prove to be a kindness to yourself in the short and long term.  How do you feel about being single?  What does it mean to you?

I ask because we all have our own individual views on this and often there are deep seated reasons for those feelings.  You've mentioned wanting to be loved, wanted and a priority (in so many words).  Those are totally understandable needs.  Do you think they normally cause you to place a high significance on meeting the person to fulfil those needs as opposed to taking some time out of the dating game for a while to regroup?

Love and light x

CryWolf

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »

So I was looking at her Facebook, on a pic she posted. Her mom was talking in the comments to someone about how her daughter was going for a week and saved so much money, etc.

I’m not sure why she would tell me she’s moving?... is she a compulsive liar? The first date I remember she mentioned to me how she was supposed to go to a party with her friends and said out loud “should I lie?”
Insom

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »

Is it possible she didn't feel heard by you?

From what you shared with us it sounded like she was clear from the get go that a long term relationship wasn't in the cards.  Is it possible she tried a number of times to bring your fun series of dates to graceful close but couldn't?

juju2

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2018, 02:56:58 PM »

Hi cry,

during all the reading that i have been doing on r/s,
one person had the opinion that the healthiest way to start a r/s was to take it like, it will end.
Am not sure i understand it, maybe so we dont start off w any expectations. 

In my program, expectations are future resentments.   If i can get to no expectations, then i will have serenity... .its like the higher my expectations, the lower my serenity and vice versa.

For me to have no expectations, its a long way from where i am.  It is the direction i am heading.
We also talk about progress not perfection, because i am an expert at all the things i miss the mark on, self loathing, etc.  The direction am going on that, is self love.  Its a tall order.

Hang in there
j

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest