Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 12:12:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It was long day of discovery reading up on BPD; shock, clarity and sadness  (Read 585 times)
Ref
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: August 05, 2018, 01:54:40 AM »

Hello Folks,

I have spent most of the day reading up on BPD.  It is difficult for me to judge - but perhaps my wife is the case.  I am in my mid-40s, having spend half my life with her.  I stumbled onto BPD explanation, and it is giving me some clarity and sadness to begin the understanding about who I am living with.  A bit of shock to discover this.  I am grateful for this website and hope to learn more.  Thank you!
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

pearlsw

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

"Be kind whenever possible, it is always possible"

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 06:00:02 AM »

Hi Ref,

Welcome

Yes, it can be quite a shock! In my case I could not understand why my SO was making so many breakup threats, we're in the hundreds of them now. I had no idea that was "a thing", but sure enough it is!

So, what kinds of symptoms are you seeing/experiencing? What are the biggest difficulties you face?

I hope you stick around with us. There is a lot of good information here and we really like for people not to feel alone in these tough situations! It is not always easy for folks in our lives to relate to this stuff, so it is invaluable to have a community of others here who do.

wishing you peace, pearl.

Walk on a rainbow trail, walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail. - Navajo Song
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »

Hi.  I want to join Pearl in saying welcome to the board!  You found a great place for support and understanding from people who get it.  Some people are in the discovery stage like you and some are farther along on the path but we all work together to learn and support each other. 

I came here a few years ago and have hung around.  I've received so much insight and help from people here that it has really improved things for me.  I can only encourage you to read, ask questions and post to other people to as it is a way to organize your thoughts and can help in understanding your own emotions.

So ask questions, read and post away!  We get it here. 

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Learning2Thrive

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 11:37:25 PM »

Ref,

Welcome to the family. Learning about BPD can be overwhelming, so be patient with yourself and take your time. It’s ok to step back from time to time and practice good self care. We understand what it feels like to live with someone who has/may have BPD.

Do you have any questions about what you’ve discovered so far? We’re here to listen and support you as you navigate BPD waters.

L2T
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest