Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 01:59:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BPD mom using kids for damage control...  (Read 757 times)
soundofmusicgirl

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 03:03:25 PM »

update:

turns out that the special ed teacher is very young and inexperienced. She finally talked to the previous special Ed teacher and then proceeded to profusely apologise to my husband for not letting him participate in the meeting and that the previous special Ed teacher sang his praises and that she will make sure that he will be part of all meetings and information from now on. She is so inexperienced that she forwarded an Email from a mental health professional from the school district to my husband that was only meant for her (special Ed teacher) eyes. She ended up having a call with my husband tonight where he outlined his concerns and was very direct in what his kids are saying to him and that he is very concerned about it. Her response was an audible : oh my ghosh!
She talked to my husband for a good 30 min on the phone and this poor girl now knows how ugly life /divorce can be. Especially for kids stuck in the middle.
Husband mentioned to me in a side note that he made an appointment with a T for him next week. I am beyond relieved. We also had a very good support group meeting yesterday (hubby and I are the leaders). There are a few men in the group that have gone through or are in similar struggles. My husband finally opened up and talked to one of them. In spite of all the ugliness I feel that those are some good things that have happened. I am grateful for the little steps and little blessings in life.
Thank you all for your wise words.
worriedStepmom

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 03:44:59 PM »

That is terrific news that your H is reaching out for help, and that he obviously pushed enough that the teacher decided to consult with her predecessor.  He *is* making progress, even if he can't see it yet.
Panda39

Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 08:57:56 PM »

Yay!  Go Hubby!  I'm so glad he's sharing with the special ed teacher and the guys in your group, I'm sure he will receive validation.  Getting this stuff out really does help.  Does his sons' school have a school psychologist that might be someone your husband could also reach out to as well.  I think the more (normal) people in the boys world that can help the better since you are long distance.

Yay! to therapy too!  Maybe your husband is getting to some kind of tipping point. 

All good things 

Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Klera

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 03:21:55 AM »

Great news to hear and am so glad things sound like they are moving in a positive direction for you guys!   Keep in touch

Klera
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 10:26:45 AM »

Congratulations on the steps forward! I hope you are able to feel some weight off of your shoulders right now.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest