Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 02:02:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Empowerment in organization  (Read 394 times)
LightAfterTunnel

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: December 18, 2018, 02:00:58 AM »

Hi all,

Maybe this post will be better suited to another group but I usually post here.

I just wanted to share what is an empowering and positive feeling with everyone.

After the holidays, BPDw and I will have mediation for divorce and more than likely we will finish in front of the judge soon afterward. I have already organized and given the lawyer the official documents of finances, belongings, marriage certificates, etc

The only part missing is my documentation of BPDw behaviors, emails, letters, photos, etc. I had always had a hard time documenting her in the beginning and slowly I did begin. Then over the last year or so I have always had a hard time just organizing it. Truly an aversion. But I finally overcame this aversion and I am organizing all the documentation as is recommended in Splitting.

My god is it empowering! Putting communications in chronological order, writing out summaries... .in essence connecting the dots... .wow it feels great!

I always knew I had everything “whenever I would need it” but I did not organize it. I should have organized all of this years ago... .my self esteem and inner worries would have been greatly diminished in advance.

If anyone is reading this and hasn’t started to document or to organize their documentation then I highly recommend it! Even if you decide to stay with your partner or whomever, the whole process of organizing is cathartic and extremely powerful!

Wishing my best to all and happy holidays!
LAT
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:51:26 AM »

Hey LAT;

What a great spot you are in! I can almost hear how "light" and un-weighted down you're feeling

You sound like you've really taken the wheel in this process and are having an experience of being the driver, instead of being driven by something or someone else.

Your decision to take responsibility for facing the evidence and organizing the communications deserves kudos and is inspiring. Way to go!

kells76
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest