Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 17, 2024, 10:39:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bumped into my ex  (Read 368 times)
gilac

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: November 10, 2018, 05:06:03 AM »

the last time I saw her and my story can be read here:
https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=325388.msg12970190#msg12970190

So, It's been 7 months after our breakup and 6 months since the discard when we last chatted with each other... Also, some 5 months after the last of the two times I've bumped into her

We live very close to each other and shop in the same market (she deliberately moved into my neghbourhood during the last phase of our relationship "to be closer to me than to her university") and situations like this are inevitable.

Anyway, I was on my phone walking when I noticed her with some bloke, she also immediately noticed me and they stopped. Note that the side walk was darker and that this was the first time she saw me since I've drastically changed my appearance, so it's kinda interesting that she knew how I looked now (we are blocked on social media, and I've posted only two or three photos of myself since then). At first, I thought they were gonna kiss because they faced each other but they continued towards me and she literally jumped out of happines.

So, as they continued to walk towards me she distances herself from him and starts looking at him with the most sarcastic and cynic smile I've ever seen. It was obvious that she wanted it to be seen even from a plane. I've took a glance at her two or three times as I continued to talk on the phone and smile/laugh during my conversation.

As we were just to pass each other I clearly hear that guy saying "This is the guy?" which I found very funny to be honest.
She never took her gaze from him and was walking as close as she could to my side and away from him (we passed just by a couple cm from each other because of this, she literally almost entered my path).

To be honest, I didn't even looked at the guy so I don't know if it's the same bloke I saw her with the last time or the new one.

But my impression is that she was very very happy to be in this situation as is she was devastated that she couldn't rub it in my face when I saw them 5 months ago (she tried to change path to pass beside me and thought that I didn't saw them) and that she finally had a chance to show me that she is happy.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 01:57:00 PM »

thats pretty showy of her.

so no words exchanged between the two of you?

how you feeling about it?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
gilac

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 04:50:18 PM »

As soon as I saw her reaction as they were approaching me on the sidewalk I knew that there is no place for saying hello to each other. And knowing her, I knew that she can't be mature enough to say hi or just to ignore me and pass by.

I would say that she is kinda lucky because she's always with someone when we bump into each other, I bet that she would be more nervous if she was alone.

To be honest, I do feel better. My first steps forward were actually the previous time I saw her because I saw that she was very intrigued by me.
This time around, same reaction... .As soon as I passed them I thought to myself "Wow man, you sure don't need this kind of drama in your life, continue with moving forward".

Currently, I think that I would like to have an opportunity to ignore her someday if she knocks on my door again. I was very needy the last time we communicated, so I assume that she thinks I'm still in that position.

I was planning to open a new topic about my recover so far because I feel much better and would like to share it with others that are currently going trough the tough phase of a post-break up. I took this situation with laughter actually, it's not hurting me anymore on the level it did few months ago.

Like my friend said... She could only ignored you but instead she went against herself and actually revealed herself that she is not quite trough with you.
Cromwell
`

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 05:07:36 PM »

it looks like she didnt faze you.

immaturity is i think the right word for it
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest