Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 08:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas We belong to each other  (Read 370 times)
Educated_Guess

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: December 25, 2018, 10:41:15 AM »

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all!

Despite the hardships I’ve faced this year, I have been blessed even more so.  One of the greatest blessings has been all of you on this board. 

In you, I found a place where I belonged and people I belonged with.  As we are supporting each other through the difficult moments moments with love , understanding and acceptance, we help each other to heal and grow.

You may feel some sadness this day as you are reminded of how your family structure or holiday traditions are different now than they were in the past.  It’s ok to feel that sadness.  I feel it too.  Let that emotion pass through you and know that all of it has been for a purpose - so that you may grow and heal yourself;  that the lessons you have learned in this place will move you to better places in the future.

You are not alone.  You belong here and you are loved and respected.  We belong to each other.

I wanted you to know that I am thinking of you all on this day and sending out my best Care Bear Stare of love to all of you!

If you are feeling down or like you do not have a family,  please watch this video (just substitute Christmas for Thanksgiving):

https://www.facebook.com/173032013364332/videos/485258251882845

Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 10:23:01 PM »

Care Bear Stare

Lol.   

Interesting video.  It reminds me of what my therapist told me years ago,  which was especially important since I never had a dash and was/am "inventing" fatherhood.  He said something like, "Moses knew God face-to-face,  and that defined who he was. Similarly,  kids pick know who they are due to their parents." He was describing healthy mirroring.   I thought I was pretty good with my kids,  but sometimes I'd tell them while looking straight into their eyes up close, "I love you." They'd literally coo and metaphorically melt into my arms.  This is the kind of mirroring our pwBPD never had and likely not a few of us as well. 

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
JNChell
a.k.a. "WTL"

Relationship status: Dissolved

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 10:40:24 AM »

The “Care Bear Stare” cracked me up as well. Thanks for the sentiment, EG. I hope that you’ve had a nice holiday. You’re right, we are together in things. I’m glad that you see that. I’m glad that I do as well.

My Christmas was filled with laughter and gratefulness for how well my Son was treated. I was pretty taken aback at what my Son received seeing as how he and I aren’t family to the people I’ve described.

My friend and I stayed up late together watching comedy and laughing. We had constrive conversation in between. It was a good Christmas.

Turkish, I do the same thing. I’ve told my Son that I love him at least 5 times today and have kissed his head equally. I have to take him to his grandmother in a few hours. It always hurts to say bye. He’s sitting beside me cuddled up in a blanket watching a cartoon. It’s hard to spend days away from him. It was a good Christmas.

“Adversity can destroy you, or become your best seller.”
-a new friend
Insom

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 11:05:09 AM »

Hi, Educated_GuessWelcome new member (click to insert in post) Thanks for the warm and sweet holiday greeting! 

How are you doing today now that Christmas Day has passed?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest