Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 01:12:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Supporting a Child in Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
Anosognosia and Getting a "Borderline" into Therapy
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's write a fun story Three words at a time  (Read 2080 times)
Only Human

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: divorced since the 90's

Love is still the answer

« on: January 03, 2019, 08:56:23 PM »

Hello Family!

I thought it might be fun if we had a "Calgon" thread. What's a Calgon thread? It's a thread that takes you away! For those who don't get this reference, Calgon was a bath powder sold in the '70's whose tagline was, "Calgon! Take me away!" The commercial, if memory serves, portrayed a woman with lots of stressors happening at once... .baby crying, water boiling over, that kind of thing. She cries out, "Calgon! Take me away!" The commercial ends with the woman enjoying a luxurious bath, totally relaxed, rejuvenated for whatever comes her way next. At least that's how it is in my memory.

We all need a break from the stressors in our lives and loving a person with BPD traits is sometimes very consuming. So, let's have some fun! We deserve it!

We are writing a story together, three words at a time. The "rules" are:

Bullet: important point (click to insert in post) Before you add your words, copy and paste the story as it appears in the thread above yours.

Bullet: important point (click to insert in post) You may only add three words each time you post.

Bullet: important point (click to insert in post) You may not post twice in a row.*

Bullet: important point (click to insert in post) Have fun!

*The person whose three words "ends" the story may begin the next story with three words.

There are some creative people here, the clever usernames all over the boards are proof of that. So whaddya say, family? Ready to be taken away?

To get us started, I'll name a location and post the first three words. Since Calgon gave me the idea, the first story will take place in a large hardware store, in the bathtub section. When the story is finished, maybe we could think of a fun title for it. Here we go!

I was looking

"It's our god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved."
-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Music Ace

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 09:11:34 PM »

To get us started, I'll name a location and post the first three words. Since Calgon gave me the idea, the first story will take place in a large hardware store, in the bathtub section. When the story is finished, maybe we could think of a fun title for it. Here we go!

I was looking for a certain

Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 09:14:38 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Skip
Site Director

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown

Music Ace

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 09:56:04 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four

ForeverDevoted

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 10:32:14 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and
Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 12:46:50 AM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Music Ace

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 06:52:46 AM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary

toomanydogs

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Living Apart

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 07:20:12 AM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world... Einstein
Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:08:42 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me

(Thanks everyone for playing along! I'm enjoying wondering where this story will go. I love picturing a flying, four pocket apron wearing, hardware store employee, )

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
incadove

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 01:13:27 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once

Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Music Ace

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 02:10:37 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to

Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 02:47:09 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge.

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Feeling Better

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 04:14:03 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading ~ Lao Tzu
Music Ace

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 05:09:38 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a

ForeverDevoted

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 09:05:00 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 09:21:15 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in one corner and

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Music Ace

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 09:25:56 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in one corner and a single purple

Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 09:54:22 PM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in one corner and a single purple chair beside it.

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Feeling Better

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 03:28:03 AM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in one corner and a single purple chair beside it. I decided to

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading ~ Lao Tzu
Sirnut

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 03:35:05 AM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in one corner and a single purple chair beside it. I decided to investigate.

Under the
Music Ace

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 09:27:18 AM »

I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in one corner and a single purple chair beside it. I decided to investigate.

Under the chair, there was

Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 10:54:50 AM »

Under the chair, there was a switch that

Hi Family!

I'll be out and about with my GS4 today, so I won't be around much. I look forward to reading this story every time I come here and can't wait to see where it goes while I'm away.

Thanks so much for your contributions! - A wise member once said, "fun is fun and we all need more of it in our lives!" 

~ OH

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Lollypop

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 12:06:16 PM »

Excerpt
I was looking for a certain employee. She has a beautiful brown apron, with four large pockets and she resembles my slightly quirky, imaginary friend who flies. She showed me a trapdoor once that led to the staff lounge. It was eerie, toiletless, with a Venus flytrap in one corner and a single purple chair beside it. I decided to investigate. Under the chair, there was a switch that

Brightly Glowed red

I did my best. He told me I wasn’t good enough. White
ForeverDevoted

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 03:37:35 PM »

Under the chair, there was a switch that brightly glowed red,  I decided to
K’s mom

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 05:55:11 PM »

Under the chair, there was a switch that brightly glowed red,  I decided to flip the switch
Only Human

Love is still the answer

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 05:58:40 PM »

Under the chair, there was a switch that brightly glowed red. I decided to flip the switch. To my surprise,

-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Music Ace

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 06:24:40 PM »

Under the chair, there was a switch that brightly glowed red. I decided to flip the switch. To my surprise,once pressed, a

Sirnut

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 04:42:03 AM »

Under the chair, there was a switch that brightly glowed red. I decided to flip the switch. To my surprise, once pressed, a change in the
Manifest32f

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »

Under the chair, there was a switch that brightly glowed red. I decided to flip the switch. To my surprise, once pressed, a change in the Purple chair took
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest