Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 06:00:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My wife stopped talking to me. what to do?  (Read 361 times)
Lannos

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: January 17, 2019, 07:02:40 PM »

I'll summarize what I wrote in another post and then put the new problem.

I'm in a romantic relationship. She is a BPD. We've been living together for 9 months. I'm looking for help. I feel like a nuclear bomb could explode at any time. I really feel like I'm walking on eggshells. For her, she's always right. The whole world has problems, including me. My wife never admits her actions and the concessions that arise from them. She frequently changes her mood and gets a restrained anger ready to explode. I keep checking what I'm going to say and do to avoid a fight between us. I have been alert or afflicted for this reason. Lately, when we've fought I've been screaming and shaking, as if losing control. It just seems like I'm the one who's out of balance.

New problem:
Now, after a few more arguments, she stopped talking to me.  I'm trying to let time go by to see if she changes her mood again, but our detachment is big now. I do not know exactly what the fight is about now. I asked and she said she does not want to talk because it's no use and we'll fight again. Trouble is, it's taking longer than normal to get through. I do not know much what to do.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Radcliff
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 01:07:23 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the silent treatment.  That, combined with emotional swings, can be very stressful and upsetting.
 How long has it been that she has not been talking to you?

RC
Lannos

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 06:05:56 PM »

HI RadCliff

Thank you for your attention and for you to feel touched. It's great to know that someone understands and can even name the problem: silent treatment and emotional swings. In fact this is what happens. I suffer and can not keep calm, easily I start to tremble.

Since January 2, a great distraction has begun with emotional swings and silent treatment. There was almost a breakup. Under great stress, I end up telling her that I want to end. After the anger goes by, I'm sorry and I do not want the relationship to end. This cycle has been repeated a few times.

The day before yesterday we have a conversation and she said she was quite disappointed with me etc. (I put some limits with the help of my therapist). She now implied with my therapist and said that she noticed problems in my family system etc. She can never take her part in trouble.

We tried an approach yesterday (it would be the output of the silent treatment), we left, took a waterfall shower, tried to walk a little, but her mood was not very good.

Today the siletic treatment has returned with oscillations of humor, when we have to treat something of the house. It creates conflicting situations for unimportant matters.
It's quite difficult.

Lannos
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:48:17 PM »

Lannos,

How have things been going in the last week?

RC
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest