Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 02:30:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am so hopefull We just discovered Ketamine  (Read 795 times)
Lparent

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: February 06, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »

I am so hopefull!  We just discovered a Ketamine infusion treatment that my daughter is going to try.  There is an article on Psychiatric News and it sounds so promising for these hard to treat mental illnesses.

Please read!  I will let you all know after she starts her treatments.  She is in the application stage.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »

Lparent

And I am, hopeful with you!

Here is a thread from a recent parents feedback.
Excerpt

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Momofadultbpd

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:06:57 PM »

Sorry I have not kept everyone updated. The great news is because there has been nothing to say!  My DD has not had an unpleasant moment since she completed her ketamine infusions back  in November. I Don’t believe in miracles, but if I did this would be one.

After 15 years of therapy (she’s 31 now) and after every drug combination in the book, for the first time she has ZERO suicidal ideation. She has not mentioned it once in over 3 months and it used to be a daily thing. She has had ZERO meltdowns. She isn’t “perfect” in that she has occasional annoyances like everyone does, but she now has the ability to self regulate and keep her emotions in check. She is back at work as a big time health care lawyer.

She also credits 5 weeks (20 sessions) of DBT for new ways of coping. It is shocking to me that in 15 years of therapy where
of course she was taught coping skills,  those didn’t work, but that DBT coping skills DO WORK for her.

Anyone who has not seriously tried DBT needs to do so. The skills are different and they work for everyone, not just BPD. “Normative”, “traditional” parenting is totally lost on BPD. They respond to methods that seem counterintuitive to a traditional parent.

My daughter was so acutely seriously suicidal  (and had 1 previous failed attempt) that we had nothing to lose
when we encouraged her to try ketamine. Please don’t wait that long if you have an opportunity to try ketamine.

I was with her for 7 sessions so far. There is nothing to be scared of. It is a pleasure to be a part of the transformation from Mr Hyde to Dr Jekyll. (I hope I didn’t get that backwards. )

She continues weekly DBT. She does IV ketamine once a month before her menstrual period. And she microdoses with sublingual ketamine every other day.

IT SAVED HER LIFE. LITERALLY.

For more information read How To Change YOur Mind by Michael Pollan

I’m happy to answer any questions. Please reach out anytime.
Lparent

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 03:19:32 PM »

This is so great to read!

My  32 yr old DBPD has applied for Ketamine infusions.  We just found out about these.  She has been so hopeless and exhausted and ready to throw in the towel. She started DPT some weeks ago ... .these are extremely painful for her and have not pulled her out of the desolate hole.

Your d's experience with the infusions is so uplifting.  I pray she gets these scheduled asap.  I am meeting my D with her therapist for the first time tomorrow.  I am still on egg shells around her so am working positive affirmations. 

Thank you so much and I hope others reading will take a look at this option.  My D doesn't see another way out.  I am so happy for your d and your family!

wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »

Thank you MomofadultBPD for joining this learning, sharing thread.

I'm so happy for you and your daughter, you've found a way forward, together.   That is our challenge to connect, together.

DBT my DD advocates too.

Please keep posting updates, it means so much for our parents.

WDx
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:02:08 PM by wendydarling » Logged

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Only Human

Relationship status: divorced since the 90's

Love is still the answer

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 01:02:23 AM »

I'm here to join the party 

So great to hear of your DD's progress, MomofadultBPD, thanks so much for sharing it!

Lparent, I'm looking forward to hearing about your DD's experience - here's hoping for a quick application process!

~ OH

"It's our god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved."
-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Mjobpd

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 11:51:35 AM »

Hi Lparent!

I just wanted to let you know I pm’d you. Wondered if you could take a look?
Lparent

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 01:48:00 PM »

Thank you for all of the positive energy!

I will get back to you all when we have some news.  I am reading and hearing such wonderful results.  Thankful this was recommended!
Momofadultbpd

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 11:52:27 AM »

My daughter continues to do absolutely fantastic. For the first time I am experiencing the pleasure of having a good relationship with my adult daughter.

I am a physician and I just got back from the 2019 Arizona Psychedelics conference in Tempe. It was packed full of amazing information.

Here’s what I would like to pass on to you:

The physician community is totally unaware of psychedelic drugs for depression anxiety suicide and PTSD. It is totally off the radar and there is a huge prejudice. My daughters psychiatrist said it was faddish and nonsense and she was totally against it despite the fact that it was literally a matter of life and death for My daughter. .

Her psychiatrist has now totally changed her mind. She read Michael Pollans book How To change Your Mind and she saw the night/day turn around in my daughter. She has now referred some of her other patients to Klarisana. Seeing is believing.

A very good physician friend of mine has lifelong depression. She also is being stubborn and refusing to investigate psychedelic treatment. She says her therapist of 30 years disapproves—30 Years?  I would say that that that therapy isn’t helping!  She too has been on every medicine without help. But she keeps trying “conventional” medicines.

Why is there so much Mental illness? Because talk therapy and SSRI amd SNRI amd antipsychotics aren’t working. We have 30-50 years of experience now with treating mental illness this way and it isn’t working.

I know you don’t know me. And I don’t know your circumstances. I am definitely NOT prescribing for you or anyone. Please understand that. All I want to do is point out the ignorance and resistance in the medical community. It’s not their fault. These drugs were totally banned in the 1970s (except ketamine) so physicians have only been told that they are dangerous and there is no  Medical use. That’s just plain untrue.

A revolution is happening. Yay. But some People  can’t wait or they will die.

I just want you to be informed. You can make your own decisions for yourself. Please understand that I’m just trying desperately to get the information out about the ketamine option so people will consider changing their minds/lives.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest