Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 02:02:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I stopped a public confessional for my 13 year old daughter about alcohol  (Read 652 times)
Red5

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2019, 06:16:17 PM »

Back in the day, drinking water could actually be hazardous to one’s health... .so folks drank wine, .I’m talking maybe back in the 1700’s and further back.

I’ve always remembered this verse from Timothy,

1 Timothy 5:23
“Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.”

Hard ‘liquor’... .ie’ home made types, moonshine, whiskey... .maybe a bit different, .to this very day... .as far as I know, the folks who serve in the Royal Navy still get their daily ration of ‘grog’ while at sea,

Ever hear the term... .“scurvy dog”... .the lack of proper nutrition onboard a ship at sea in times past was a serious issue, so fruit and rum were mixed, and “issued” to stave off effects of malnutrition.

Beer was another liquid staple that was “safer” than drinking water from the creek, or the well, or wherever... .

If I lived in say, Flint Michigan... .never mind?

My Grandmother used to keep Brandi, and wine around for cooking purposes... .and of course... .curious grand children were indeed curious... .a story for another day.

The hard liquor was used for “medicinal” purposes as well, back in the day.

This is a good thread, and also a “thinker”.

I think you did a great thing formflier, your D13 needs Dad time, .enlightment and education, with a few “war stories” goes a long way, .it’s tough co-parenting, .I had to do it by myslef for about five years, .imho, the parent needs to be “approachable”... .if not, the risk of “losing the teenager” exists.

I remember my Grandfather talking to me about “drinking it up”, and the trouble that will cause in your life if you let it... .

No, .no “public hangings” in the Red5 household in times past, although when I was a single Dad, I ran the home like a fighter squadron  ?

Hope all is well this evening in the Formflier household : )

Red5

“We are so used to our own history, we do not see it as remarkable or out of the ordinary, whereas others might see it as horrendous. Further, we tend to minimize that which we feel shameful about.” {Quote} Patrick J. Carnes / author,
empath

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2019, 07:31:08 PM »

Then, there are those churches that use wine in their communion celebrations. That was enough to keep my baptist parents-in-law from attending church with us.     Worked for me... . 
Red5

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2019, 07:55:30 PM »

Then, there are those churches that use wine in their communion celebrations. That was enough to keep my baptist parents-in-law from attending church with us.     Worked for me... . 

Ok, trigger memories : )

... .a good one!

Granny used to make the “unleavened bread” from scratch... .think Church of Christ circa 1960 something... .

I even remember helping Granny ‘wash up’ the sacraments vessels... .ie’ the little glass fruit of the vine cups,

... .back to the unleavened bread, .

I do remember myslef and my other fellow grandchildren actually playing church in the back bedroom, ie’ communion... .we used grape juice not the hard stuff ... .the welches brand in a glass jar... .from the local ‘iga’ Branford Florida  

So back to Granny’s scratch home made unleavened bread, I do remember the taste... .ah yes... .this is a good and righteous memory... .I kid you not... .you have no idea... .wow!

I look forward... .to the day... .in the time space continuum... .when I can partake of my Grandmothers ‘home made unleavened bread’... .in the life here after... .

Oh’ yes : )

Formflier... .you are a good Daddy!... .much respect Sir!

Everytime I see an E-2 Hawkeye in the down wind pattern here over Cherry Point, I think of you my friend  ... .

Salute !

Red5
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:10:41 PM by Red5 » Logged

“We are so used to our own history, we do not see it as remarkable or out of the ordinary, whereas others might see it as horrendous. Further, we tend to minimize that which we feel shameful about.” {Quote} Patrick J. Carnes / author,
Notwendy

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 08:25:00 PM »

If you are going by the Bible - In Biblical times, she’d be an adult. You’re probably have married her off by now. So she’s an adult who drank a little alcohol. .

By US secular law - it’s underage drinking but they don’t call it sin.
Only Human

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: divorced since the 90's

Love is still the answer

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2019, 10:10:18 PM »

Staff only

This thread has reached its posting limit, and is therefore locked. Please feel free to continue the discussion in a new thread. Thanks for your participation.

"It's our god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved."
-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest