Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 28, 2024, 03:40:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hard to pin point  (Read 343 times)
Peaceismypurpose
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: May 25, 2019, 11:38:48 AM »

I know this is standard fare while being in a relationship w someone who has BPD yet i end up feeling crazy after a relentless stream if the same behavior

Essentially my partner w broderline is oozing passive agressive actions and casting tones. yelling and so on.  I am calmly making her aware that it is hurtful to me any the children and asking how she feels. (With minimal result) trying to draw boundaries w by saying i am going to take the children out for some food so she can have space.  Resulting in cursing yelling name calling and so on. (Her father was just diagnosed w cancer so she is extra volatile) .
This scenario has been played out several times.  Im taking all perscribed maneuvers found in books and in my couples and solo therapy... just feeling drained... literally tired from the attacks without any or minimal kindness to counter balance...
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Harri
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 03:01:20 AM »

Hi.

What you describe sounds difficult and tiring.  Unfortunately it also sounds familiar.  I think you will find as you settle in and read and post in other threads that many here can relate.  The good news is that we work together here to improve things for us and support each other.

what are the books you have read and what communication techniques have you tried?

Taking the kids out and allowing your wife to self soothe is actually really good.  How lone have you been doing that?  i ask because sometimes when you first start changing your pattern of behavior there is resistance and sometimes an increase in the unwanted behavior.  If that is happening, it does not mean the boundary is not working though.  It is very important to be consistent.

Can you tell us more about your family?  the kids? 

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest