Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
September 28, 2024, 02:19:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Adult Daughter  (Read 792 times)
Minzo

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: June 23, 2019, 06:02:27 PM »

My daughter has cut off everyone in the family which culminated with me.. her mother being asked to leave very abruptly. I have had many talks with my therapist who has given me insight since this has been a very long struggle and yes definitely stepping on eggshells. Any support I give is never enough and seems at times like a bottomless pit. I am now in my 7th decade and can no longer handle it like I used to. I worry terribly about my grand daughter now that my daughter has cut me off. My grand daughter is only 6 and almost 7. My daughter has gotten worse and is seeing a therapist who I believe is making the situation worse.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Minette

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 12:16:41 AM »

I could have written this post.  This is exactly what has happened with my 29 year old daughter.  Within the last 6 months she has cut me off and her grandpa.  She keeps telling me she'll talk when she's ready.  She's never done this before.  She was diagnosed with bpd at age 16.  This is so hurtful right now.  She also finally starting seeing a therapist and I wonder if this is related to her change.
Minzo

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 03:07:12 PM »

Yes, I read your post and could also have written it myself. My daughter has always been very reactive and frankly difficult, which has caused others to keep a distance. She is, as you mentioned with your daughter, a wonderful and creative person. However, she is now on a very deep downward spiral augmented by money worries and a bad marriage. She has now sent message to family members telling them they are narcissists and she wants nothing to do with them.  Her therapist, which she claims is great, has not diagnosed her with other than PTSD from an incident when she was 16 with her father. She never gets over something bad and ruminates for years. She has not hurt herself yet physically but does regularly emotionally. She fits the profile for BPD but I am not a professional. She was also a difficult baby. I am worried for my grand daughter.
Minette

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 04:46:12 PM »

I wish I had more to offer, but I don't other than to never let my daughter feel I'm abandoning her.  Even now that she's in a way disowning her family or "devaluing" us, I still txt her and tell her she's loved.  Sometimes she replies but mostly she doesn't.  Abandonment is the huge fear of the person with bpd.  Im trying to give her space right now and hoping she'll come back around to how she was.  She's always loved her family. Her grandpa is like a dad to her.  It's very difficult because I know she suffers with this. I also worry this will eventually end her marriage
Only Human

Relationship status: divorced since the 90's

Love is still the answer

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 10:34:50 PM »

Hello Minzo! Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

I join Minette in welcoming you here, though I'm sorry for the circumstances. I'm also a grandma and I can relate to how we worry about our GC (grandchildren). I've just got one, my DD's (dear daughter) son, 4-years-old.

Excerpt
She fits the profile for BPD but I am not a professional.

What are the behaviors that lead you to suspect BPD?

We have a lot of clinically responsible articles here and I encourage you to read all you can - knowledge about BPD has helped many of us to come to grips, begin moving forward. A good place to begin is the thread pinned to the top of this board, HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF THIS SITE It's got many of our best articles with links to many more. Take it at your own pace and come back here with any questions, we want to help.

I hope to hear more from you soon - you are not alone and talking about stuff helps.

~ OH

"It's our god forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved."
-Jason Mraz, I'm Yours
Minzo

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2019, 05:27:04 AM »

Sorry, but where do I find How to Get the Most Out of This Site?
Thanks
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2019, 09:52:19 AM »

Hello Minzo Welcome new member (click to insert in post) and welcome to the family Welcome new member (click to insert in post)

If you look at the top of this board (son/daughter) it is the third thread down, can you see it?

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest