Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 05:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two weeks since last contact.  (Read 364 times)
incognitoMe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: July 05, 2019, 02:11:55 PM »

My ex has not tried to contact me in two weeks, and my mood has been mostly excellent. I'm exercising more, playing guitar more, and feel more hopeful. I find my interactions with other people are happier. I find it easier to joke, and banter with people.  For so long I was wrapped up in trying to fix an impossible  problem that I had lost myself.

I had blocked her on my phone, and figured I should do so on facebook as well, but found she had already blocked me and my mother (whom she erroneously believed was turning me against her).  I'm happy she did that on one hand, and on the other, she can unblock me at any time and start up more nonsense.  If I had blocked her she would not have that option.   Anyways, for now things look good.  I hope to never hear from her again.

I actually went on a date this week.  It went well and the second date is planned. I'm trying to stay casual about it and not have big expectations. I'm just enjoying time with another human.

I have realized that I had been in the caretaker role so long, I was with my ex out of obligation.  I had already accepted the likely death of our relationship months prior, even though I was still giving her every chance to fix things and go to therapy. I cried so many tears in the relationship that I have none left to waste.

If I had let her leave months ago, I wonder if I would feel as free as I do now, or would I have been less sure of how much of a "monkeys paw curse" having her in my life was. Even months before that I had given up on ever having the woman I fell in love with back.  I knew she was likely to always be difficult, but I had yet to give up on the idea it could become manageable.  I was ready to settle for not totally awful.  I've never felt this over a person this fast. I usually take a long time to feel ok after breakups. I actually get a little sick to my stomach at the idea of physical contact with her.  She is by all accounts a very attractive person, but I feel like my mind and body have both identified her as a parasite.

Side note: I ran into an old friend while he was out with his friend whom is a physiologist.  They asked me about the relationship and after 5 minutes, the psychologist asked if she had borderline personality disorder. 
Leonis

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »

Side note: I ran into an old friend while he was out with his friend whom is a physiologist.  They asked me about the relationship and after 5 minutes, the psychologist asked if she had borderline personality disorder. 

That should be your answer. It's sad, but you got out before things got worse.

Enjoy the freedom going forward.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest