Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 18, 2024, 05:04:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughterinlaw  (Read 344 times)
caring
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« on: August 03, 2019, 09:49:07 PM »

Our son is married to a narcisstic woman of 22 yrs.  She  has worked on getting him away from his parents and siblings and all family.  She has accomplished it and has turned the two granddaughters against.  Our grandson hasnt been turned.  Our son no longer comes to see us or his grandmother which is 93.  He neither calls us or text.  The only time we see him is if we go by his workplace.  He is glad to see us.  In September, I had called her and asked forgiveness of telling our son she was disrespectful.  She wouldn't forgive me but tore into me telling me everything that she is.  Weve tried for years to show her love and this is what has happened. 
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
FaithHopeLove
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Shaky

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 03:37:27 AM »

Hello Caring
Welcome to the group. I am glad you found us. Your situation sounds so painful. Having your son and granddaughters  alienated from you because of your DILs divisiveness is horrible. I take it you suspect she has BPD. Has she been diagnosed? What are your goals regarding this situation?
Hugs
Faith
TDD

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 09:15:12 AM »

Dear Caring,
I read your post and I am beyond sad for everything you and your entire family have gone through for the past 22 years! My husband and I have been dealing with it for the past 7 years and I'm scared to death that your post is my future.
We welcomed my dil into our family with open arms and she has slowly and systematically alienated our son's entire family. Our son is a wonderful, caring person but is caught in the middle. He has 4 beautiful children that he would love for us to have a relationship with, but she has made it nearly impossible for us to see them. We saw them last month (after not seeing them for 9 months) and had decided on the ride over we were going to  just forget about all the hurt and be kind and loving to our dil. When we saw her she barely said hi and then made a terrible comment about our other son. It went downhill from there. The next day my husband said he just had to say something (he has never said anything to her for the sake of our son) and wrote her and our son an email telling how hurt we have been by the mistreatment we have received and how in the world can this be fixed. It was not a mean email, just stated that we could not take this treatment by her anymore . She replied with a hate filled response, pretty much saying it was all our fault and she was done with us. Which also means we can't see our grandchildren (she won't allow our son to visit us with them!) so it has been heartbreaking. So I just want you to know you are truly not alone and I am sending all my love to you.
Sincerely,
TDD
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest