Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 05:04:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Marijuana and BPD  (Read 885 times)
howinthe

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: October 16, 2019, 02:10:37 PM »

Before my wifes BPD diagnosis, if she was getting worked up she would use. And it was an instant, I'm talking minutes back to normal thought process. She wouldn't get Cheech and Chong high just a puff or two and back to reality,  Since the big breakdown a couple of Months ago she refuses to try the medical Marijuana, (paranoid that it's laced with something)
Anybody have success with Marijuana as a treatment?

3 years ago I thought Marijuana was spawned from the devil, but I've done my research and think it has some very positive qualities, personally I have no justifiable reason to
par-take but it seems like this is a salutation where,  it has been and could be beneficial if she would try it again. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 02:21:50 PM by howinthe » Logged
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

secretgirl

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 02:21:14 PM »

I know my ex smokes it and it seems to help sometimes the only issue is, when they're stressed, they have the chance of smoking too much... then it works against them because smoking too much marijuana (high amounts of THC) can induce MORE paranoia.
Stillhopeful4

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 02:25:59 PM »

Ok I have some experience with this.

My wife for about a year use to take CBD.  It calmed her and made her like a new person.  Not too long ago, when regular marijuana became legal in our state, she tried it...a few times...she said she hates the way it makes her feel and makes her crazy paranoid.  Now I don't know if it was just jumping on the high horse of my morals don't allow me to smoke that stuff and you are all BAD for dong it or if it really made her paranoid.  She won't touch the stuff.

SH4

secretgirl

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »

In my personal experience, the times my ubpdex smoked it a lot were the times he ended up accusing me of the MORE out of this world type stuff... like over analyzing situations to the point where you look at them like they're some kind of maniac (and I love him a lot but even during these times I'd be like huh? where did you get that from?) ... literally Alice in Wonderland type stuff Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)... and I'm 100% sure it was the marijuana. My ex smoked it daily... but the times we fought or something was on his mind that was bothering him, he smoked like sometimes 8 joints a DAY. and these are the times he would come back to me , yelling about some situation I said previously, which he took in his head, managed to make up his OWN version, then lashing that onto me, accusing & blaming. SO I'm not sure... I think the CBD is fine... but the THC... not so much. Imagine someone already paranoid becoming MORE paranoid... not a good combo I'd say.
howinthe

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »

on my end its been exactly the opposite 
Thayan

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »

This could split (pun intended) either way. Could end up dissociating more, could also help calm a situation. Not curing anything, but I’d take it. My dBPDw has used it when we’re in areas where it is legal and she’s all my favorite parts of her with a small dose. Guess i could say the same about alcohol, most of the time she chills out with a glass of wine, but too much and she can get violent/emotional. Seems a lot more dysregulated the next few days if we were drinking more one night (wedding vacation etc). I’ve even tried to get her tea when she’s in a mood and been yelled at for “trying to poison” her.

I’d probably guess this has as much potential to work or backfire as anything else in BPD.
Delight1

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 08:16:59 AM »

My BPDfiance(not sure if I am using this correctly, diagnosed, still haven't figured the abbreviations out, sorry) started using CBD oil a few months ago.  He even said it quieted his mind.  Now he refuses to use it and says it is because he can control his mood himself and he doesn't need it.  This is untrue, but I haven't been able to get him to try again.  When he was using it his moods were significantly better.  He has not tried medical marijuana, and he probably won't.  I think if I can get him back to the CBD oil everything will improve slightly.
Stillhopeful4

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 08:40:18 AM »

This could split (pun intended) either way. Could end up dissociating more, could also help calm a situation. Not curing anything, but I’d take it. My dBPDw has used it when we’re in areas where it is legal and she’s all my favorite parts of her with a small dose. Guess i could say the same about alcohol, most of the time she chills out with a glass of wine, but too much and she can get violent/emotional. Seems a lot more dysregulated the next few days if we were drinking more one night (wedding vacation etc).

Now that you mention alcohol...my observations with my uBPDw...when she drinks, which thank God is not often anymore...she is either all over me and so lovable (which she never is, like can't even hold my hand) or she's angry, very angry and goes into rages. 

I guess it should have been a red flag when I met her...she told me she only has two emotions in life...happy or very angry.

SH4

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest