Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:48:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 471 times)
Resiliant

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married. With adult child relationship can be described as loving. Cloudy with sunny breaks. High wind warning. Risk of thunderstorms but much less severe than previous. Long term forecast shows promise of sunnier days ahead

« on: December 17, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm sure many of us are looking forward to the Christmas Holidays with some level of trepidation.   

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but please hear me out.  I think that I came up with a fun idea (that I stole from someone else  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post))

I was thinking, if we could and if we were an on-the-ground physical group would we have a Christmas party?  Would we all contribute to a pot luck or participate in a Secret Santa?
And for those who don't celebrate Christmas of course we would still welcome you to join us in a festive evening.   If we did that how much would we spend to bring a dish or gift?

I noticed while browsing around that the BDP family site has a long way to go in terms of donations.  I think about the inspiration and education that I have received from this site and this family in the few months that I have been a member and ask myself how much time and money would I have had to put into therapists and/or education to get what I have gotten here in the last 5 or so months?

The other day I was browsing the Parent / Sibling board because I wanted to better understand what my son and daughter might be feeling or going through and I discovered something really neat!

They have a cool idea going on!   Way to go! (click to insert in post)  They are making a Christmas Tree.  Everyone participating is placing an ornament on the tree.  Some call their ornament "Hope", or "Perseverance" or whatever name they feel like.  It appears they have done this last year as well.  Check it out if you want - it looks like fun!

I had been thinking about how we can do something to raise donations for the site and thought well, maybe we could make a tree too, and pledge donations.  WAIT - if you can't afford to donate please still participate by putting an ornament on the tree! 

Would anyone on this board like to participate?   I would like to add that for the sake of those who can't afford to donate that we don't need to mention what we are donating.  Let's just have fun!

I'd like to start the tree by adding the first ornament.  I am going to call mine "Gratitude".  Not only am I grateful for all of you, but I am also grateful for my beautiful troubled son who has taught me so much.

Will you join me?

With affection (click to insert in post)
R

“Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.”

― Charles R. Swindoll
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
wendydarling
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »

Resilient, how apt the tree this year at work (um a couple of big beautiful plants) were our giving tree, to a national children's charity.

I hang upon our tree with you kindness, as when my DD came out of crisis this is what she said to me; she felt gratitude and the kindness of others who helped her through the most difficult, painful of times. Those words will stay with me forever. And I'm here to pass them on from my DD to you all.

Thank you Resilent and Wools for leading us out  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

WDx
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 04:34:14 PM by wendydarling » Logged

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 11:54:38 AM »

This is nice.  I hang " lessening of guilt" on the tree.  My goal in life for the longest was to rescue my adult BPD son.  I have been forced to learn this year that I can't .  This forum, therapists and 12 step programs are helping me get through.

StressedOutDaily

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »

Resilient what a wonderful idea! Thank you

I would like to hang two ornaments, Community and Strength

This year has been the most heartbreaking, challenging and difficult year of my life.. and at the same time I have found that I am much stronger than I thought, my marriage is strong  Love it! (click to insert in post) and the challenges we are facing has made it stronger.  It is through community that we have gained that strength... I have found comfort, information, validation, empathy and much more in community - this wonderful group and a community of people close to home.   

Wishing all of you peace and joy in the new year!
~SOD
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest