Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 11:38:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hopeful after recent emergency room visit  (Read 394 times)
Joyce61
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Mother

« on: February 23, 2020, 01:55:05 PM »

About a month ago, a friend of my daughter committed suicide. I noticed my daughter looked very sullen a couple of weeks after, then she revealed to her psychiatrist that she had a plan.  The psychiatrist contacted me to take her to the emergency room where she stayed in a bare room overnight with just a bed and a TV. The psych. team evaluated her, and the pysch. nurse released her a few hours after talking with both me and my daughter separately and seeing that we have a plan.  Since then, my daughter seems better most days (except for Valentine's Day - ugh).  She sees a psychiatrist, a therapist and goes to a DBT class. She is a adult studying for a master's degree and living with me. I am in my late 50's and divorced. I have mental health problems,too - mild depression, anxiety, social anxiety - and I am trying to do things that are good for my mental health, such as walk, do yoga, go to church, write in my journals, try to socialize a little and trying to get better control of my eating habits.  I welcome positive input from other members of this site.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
KBug

Relationship status: living together part time

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:28:58 PM »

Welcome! You are in the right place.  There are a lot of compassionate people who have similar experiences as you.  They have really helped to encourage and ground me.

I'm glad that your daughter is doing better and that you are taking care of yourself. Self-care is critical. 

Is there anything in particular that you want to discuss?
Joyce61
Fewer than 3 Posts

Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »

I want to know how best to help my daughter. I see that there are a lot of helpful articles on this site and will be looking through them for help.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest