Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
October 05, 2024, 10:29:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She has BPD and BIPOLAR and I have ADHD can I be with her can we make it work  (Read 385 times)
Jboy305

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Friends she wants to be friends but says she wants to get back together

« on: February 09, 2020, 06:25:06 PM »

She loves me I have started fall for her I have learned a bit about BPD I have been overthinking it I don't think about it that much now my meds are working and I am better but she is wonderful it's she has hurt my feeling I know now she didn't mean it I told her bad move I just thought if I didn't tell her she hurt me how would she know I love her I'm good now I'm happy but she's a hard act for me to follow I think I can make it work but I'm not sure she has been sexual abused by her father growing up and a guy she thought was her friend raped her I not sure if it's wise me staying in her life I love her but I don't ever want to hurt her again if she does something that upsets me can I tell her in a calm manner I know the relationship will be one sided
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 09:30:32 PM by Harri, Reason: merged two similar threads » Logged
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Jboy305

Relationship status: Friends she wants to be friends but says she wants to get back together

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 06:49:10 PM »

We met we at the wrong time we both hurt each other we didn't cheat on each other but I have been trying to make it work I'm a nice guy and have been myself I have been playing cool we're still friends but I treated her right and she probably thinks I'm using her for sex or something else what do I have to do. I was a bit of a dick when we were together I got pissed off because I felt she wasn't really giving me a chance to be together I'm giving her space now said sorry for everything I did wrong
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 09:27:18 PM »

Hi Jboy.

I would keep giving her space.  If she reaches out, keep the conversation light, no more apologies and no pressure to get together or even talk about it.  Take things slow.  Give yourself and her time to recover.  For you, use the time to work on yourself and take a look at why you did some of the things you did when you were together and work on changing them.  Learn to manage your own anxiety and fears.

If you post here about that sort of stuff we can help you.  Working on you is important because if you get back together now, neither one of you have changed in a significant way and you will be going back to more of the same.  So take the time to workon you and post here.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Jboy305

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 12:07:40 AM »

I get jealous because I love I got told by someone else give it a month before contacting her if she does not contact me I check her Facebook page alot I have to stop doing that she might try and make me jealous for attention she's made me jealous before I know I can get her back but it's tricky I think if I don't chase she will think I don't want her anymore and I just loved the chase but if I do chase her I will seem destorate and mess things up I met her in a mental ward so another reason she wants to be friends is too make sure I'm not crazy and do you think she will make me jealous too see if I contact her and ask questions maby hopefully not but it's a way to test me she said she doesn't test people but she has tested my before can you tell me what to expect from her is playing it cool as if I don't care a good idea in when me and her were together I thought showing my feeling would let her know I cared and let her no I'm not a mug I also told her that her actions hurt me
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest