Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 23, 2024, 08:54:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel lost and that I'm failing my Girlfriend  (Read 367 times)
Davidsmiths
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Dating

« on: March 25, 2020, 11:00:44 AM »

Hello, im sorry if i format this wrong or use incorrect terms, i hope to stay active within this community so i will learn quickly.

I have been with my (undiagnosed but shows many traits of BPD) girlfriend approaching 2 years now and I don't know what to do. Our relationship has always been very up and down, but things have been going down and down and I feel I am being irresponsible not acting - both for my own mental health and her safety.

I try to be what she needs, but after countless weeks of depression as a result of her problems, I am coming to the conclusion I am not capable of handling her.
I want desperately for her to find a source of help because firstly I am not coping, but also it breaks my heart seeing her go through this all day everyday. Her parents are a potential hurdle to her finding help as they often dismiss her struggles as her being a princess. I do believe they would understand if I talked to them, but I'm not sure how or if I should do that.
We have open conversations about her struggles and in a good mood she agrees with me 100% until i suggest there is someone out there who will be able to genuinely help her.
The last thing i want to do is leave her both because i still love her, but I am also gravely scared of how she would react.
I bought the Eggshells book and am going through as quickly as i can, but it feels like I can't read it quickly enough and i need support from a person.

Please if anyone knows anything that would help me or my girlfriend, or anything i can do to seek out the answers we need. Im more than happy to give any and all details that might be useful to anyone.
Thank you i would greatly appreciate any and all comments <3
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest