Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 11:36:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Borderline ex how can I get her back  (Read 653 times)
Loves.a.a.v.bpd

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Friends that don't talk much

« on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:03 PM »

Okay I was with her two month I messed up I understand BPD better know the break up was sort of a mutual agreement didn't end things on bad terms she said she wanted a relationship but I hurt her I found out she was talking to her ex I got jealous and I made her feel guilty because she asked why I'm not going to play the blame game anymore but it was hard to see why I got jelous she told me about her ex cheating and taking his new girlfriend to Disneyland and them talking to her about it for comfort

Anyway I'm still there for her after we went back to being friend I still texted her to see how she was at one point she told me I was the only person she was talking to and if her friend asked me if I heard from her to say no I she invited me down to her house I went she got changed her chlothes infront of me I didn't make a move we were laying in her bed I asked if we could get back together she said she wanted to see how we got on as friends and I wasn't a no before I went to see her she said when she is better we could try again so she's still interested

She got raped in her old house and she was moving house she asked me if I could help her move she said her other ex I still agreed she got her pregnant friend to help instead of me I seen on Facebook.after that I didn't contact her she reached out to me asked me how I have been doing. she said things would get better between us.then her father died I seen something was up with her on her Facebook I mailed her she was sad said he was meant to be a grandad and give her away on her wedding day and she was feeling pain she never felt she also called me a few days ago and asked if she could called me the next day but she didn't call a mailed her two days later to let her know their was a funny second season of a program she finds funny on Netflix's she mailed me back I tried to get a conversion going but she didn't respond she did like a photo I put up of myself on Facebook and liking my other status

I seen on Facebook her ex comment on her status and she gave what he wrote a love and I have been told by another woman with BPD that chasing her would push her into his arms she was with him before she met me

Just I do love her and I want her back she told me her dad mentally pshically and mentally abused her growing up and her mom left her by herself and hates her dad and blames her for being with her father her parents got divorced and hated each other and her mom has bipolar and so does she I think she might have PTSD she was very very shy when I first met her last her obtober

So I know she still likes me but here is the think I have ADHD and when I met her I was happy but it is confusing and it's hurtful because I think she has feeling for her ex I know I can test her better  just makes me feel a little less confdant I have blocked her post from appearing in my newfeeds I have not block her tho when I met her she found me funny so I'm trying to get back to the state of mind that actracted her in the first place

But I when to chase or pull away I love her so much I'm scared incase I mess things up thing is with girls the less I care the better I do and if I'm not in love I won't string her along I'm postive I am because we broke up on the 20/01/20 I haven't seen her since the start of febuary and and I miss her even when I'm having fun with my friends

So can someone give me advice on how to get myself back to the way I was before I met her happy and postive and how to get her back too

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

truthbeknown

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 03:38:38 AM »

After being in two bpd relationships all i can say is the biggest concept that i learned about is called "enmeshment".   It's the ability for a person to merge psychologically with another to the point where they can't see the difference between themselves and the other person.  So I now realize that I grew up with a bpd mom and when i'm around her it can be so intense because she is such an anxious person that she judges everything that people do.  So when I am around her she has me under a microscope and if anything seems out of place she quickly judges it and me because she feels i am a reflection of her.  She can't see that i'm a separate person that has different ways of operating.   She gets stressed if i'm not perfect and she can't control me. 

So I'm still learning about this but subconsciously i sort've attracted women like her because it was familiar.  The crazy thing is that in the beginning the female partners that i have had start out so uplifting and loving.  It's the exact opposite of the devaluing i go through with my mom.  So i liked it, craved it.   But what i didn't realize (and now what i see on the boards all the time) is that us non's can enmesh the opposite way.  We project our love onto a partner; the love that we want to receive or expect to receive.  I'm not sure if this adds to the bpd dynamic because they feel so unlovable and we "overlove" them or project our love on them.  (i'm making generalized observations so if this doesn't resonate with anyone please forgive me and only take what does).   

Anyway,  as far as getting her back?  I think first i would say get yourself back.  Realize that the love you gave her wasn't lost and you're not empty now.  She might have run away with that love but realizing that there is an endless supply is what helps me.  I had to realize that i'm a loving person so i will have more love to give.  But because bpds are afraid of abandonment, they project that onto the nons when they leave.  In a sense, we are feeling the abandonment that they were unwilling or incapable of feeling.  They escaped it by pushing their partner away and now we are the ones thinking "well i was this and i was that and yet she still left or he still left so i must have screwed up"

You see what happens?  we wind up taking too much responsibility whereas they don't take enough.  their needs to be balance if healing is to occur.  As nons and many times codependent we need to realize it's not our responsibility to heal another person (as much as we want them to heal because we love them).  This is the first step in your own healing.  And then and only then if she comes back can you decide if you're strong enough to deal with the ups/downs.   But breaking the enmeshment means you realize that you can mourn for the loss of them without thinking they purposefully abandoned you.  The only similar feeling to when a bpd leaves a partner i believe is when a loved one commits suicide.  In normal death, humans don't take responsibility for someone dying but they go through the grieving process.  In suicides the brain can't comprehend why this happened and why the loved one would do this- so it feels like abandonment.   With bpd i believe that its sort of like this; we can't understand why someone would leave when we felt so deeply connected with them at times.  Because lets face it; during the good times most of us would say that we have never felt more loved but during the pull away, it feels like they killed the relationship with no good reason (relationship suicide).   

Will she come back? many times they do- the bigger question is if she does will you be in a place to either handle it and her and be ready for the roller coaster ride or will you be in a place where you choose something different ?  only time and you will be able to answer those questions but in the short run my experience (not advise) says that i had to address the enmeshment and figure out what was mine and what was hers.  I had to take inventory of who i was and what value i have as a person even though she's not here anymore.   Also, most younger cases of this dynamic don't know how damaging things can get once you have kids with a bpd who doesn't get help.   So another helpful thing for me was to pretend she already came back.  Are you only willing to imagine the good if she came back or can you look at the possibilities of what negatives can happen to you as well?   These are things that helped me as i went through therapy etc.
truthbeknown

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 03:40:03 AM »

After being in two bpd relationships all i can say is the biggest concept that i learned about is called "enmeshment".   It's the ability for a person to merge psychologically with another to the point where they can't see the difference between themselves and the other person.  So I now realize that I grew up with a bpd mom and when i'm around her it can be so intense because she is such an anxious person that she judges everything that people do.  So when I am around her she has me under a microscope and if anything seems out of place she quickly judges it and me because she feels i am a reflection of her.  She can't see that i'm a separate person that has different ways of operating.   She gets stressed if i'm not perfect and she can't control me. 

So I'm still learning about this but subconsciously i sort've attracted women like her because it was familiar.  The crazy thing is that in the beginning the female partners that i have had start out so uplifting and loving.  It's the exact opposite of the devaluing i go through with my mom.  So i liked it, craved it.   But what i didn't realize (and now what i see on the boards all the time) is that us non's can enmesh the opposite way.  We project our love onto a partner; the love that we want to receive or expect to receive.  I'm not sure if this adds to the bpd dynamic because they feel so unlovable and we "overlove" them or project our love on them.  (i'm making generalized observations so if this doesn't resonate with anyone please forgive me and only take what does).   

Anyway,  as far as getting her back?  I think first i would say get yourself back.  Realize that the love you gave her wasn't lost and you're not empty now.  She might have run away with that love but realizing that there is an endless supply is what helps me.  I had to realize that i'm a loving person so i will have more love to give.  But because bpds are afraid of abandonment, they project that onto the nons when they leave.  In a sense, we are feeling the abandonment that they were unwilling or incapable of feeling.  They escaped it by pushing their partner away and now we are the ones thinking "well i was this and i was that and yet she still left or he still left so i must have screwed up"

You see what happens?  we wind up taking too much responsibility whereas they don't take enough.  There needs to be balance if healing is to occur.  As nons and many times codependent we need to realize it's not our responsibility to heal another person (as much as we want them to heal because we love them).  This is the first step in your own healing.  And then and only then if she comes back can you decide if you're strong enough to deal with the ups/downs.   But breaking the enmeshment means you realize that you can mourn for the loss of them without thinking they purposefully abandoned you.  The only similar feeling to when a bpd leaves a partner i believe is when a loved one commits suicide.  In normal death, humans don't take responsibility for someone dying but they go through the grieving process.  In suicides the brain can't comprehend why this happened and why the loved one would do this- so it feels like abandonment.   With bpd i believe that its sort of like this; we can't understand why someone would leave when we felt so deeply connected with them at times.  Because lets face it; during the good times most of us would say that we have never felt more loved but during the pull away, it feels like they killed the relationship with no good reason (relationship suicide).   

Will she come back? many times they do- the bigger question is if she does will you be in a place to either handle it and her and be ready for the roller coaster ride or will you be in a place where you choose something different ?  only time and you will be able to answer those questions but in the short run my experience (not advise) says that i had to address the enmeshment and figure out what was mine and what was hers.  I had to take inventory of who i was and what value i have as a person even though she's not here anymore.   Also, most younger cases of this dynamic don't know how damaging things can get once you have kids with a bpd who doesn't get help.   So another helpful thing for me was to pretend she already came back.  Are you only willing to imagine the good if she came back or can you look at the possibilities of what negatives can happen to you as well?   These are things that helped me as i went through therapy etc.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest