Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 18, 2024, 09:48:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to survive and keep moving forward  (Read 918 times)
brighter future

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »

@FindingMe2011,

I did love this girl, but looking back, I went about it the wrong way. Real love is not built on dependency. That's what most of our relationship was based on. Someone said on here recently that their relationship with their BPD-ex was kind of like an illusion, and I can identify with that statement.  I feel like part of my relationship with her was very real, while the other part was an illusion that was never really there to begin with.

She told me several times (and even in front of the kids) that I was her soulmate and the man of her dreams. She maintained that right up until the very end when I told her that we couldn't proceed with an engagement until we sorted out our emotional baggage. Five or so days later on the telephone after the breakup, she told me we were essentially incompatible, blamed me that she was alone and financially desperate, blamed me because she wanted me intimately and was doing without sex waiting on marriage/engagement, and told me that I dragged her down, etc.

Yes, while she's occupied with Mr. Rebound I'm trying to put myself back together. Her family member said it will be interesting to see if she starts to devalue him now that she knows he has no marriage intentions in the immediate future.  The only means which she continued to remain visible to me (besides visiting her parents next door to me) was through social media where she continued to like several of my posts and even comment at times. I removed her from my social media about 9 weeks ago and have not heard anything from her since. I've had a couple of people tell me that all of our profile pictures together and vacation pictures all remain on her page. I have deleted all of those photos from my social media. Maybe she keeps those there because I am a part of her collection of men...who knows.
I Am Redeemed
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2020, 09:10:16 PM »

Staff only This thread has reached the posting limit and has been locked. The discussion continues here: https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=346043.msg13121276#msg13121276

We are more than just our stories.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest