Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:36:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What else can I do?  (Read 364 times)
4amcrazy
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Recently broken up

« on: September 02, 2020, 08:30:43 PM »

Hello, glad to have found this site.

My 1.5 year long relationship has consistently and reliably been an emotional rollercoaster. I have hidden the relationship drama out of pure embarrassment because of the ridiculous and outrageous reoccurring  circumstances. I felt trapped inside of my own house and literally couldn't leave or get her to leave even if I wanted to. I tried to break up with her countless times, but she'd show up at my house at 4am, throwing tennis balls at my window until I came out. She would threaten suicide, text her sister/mom and then ignore their phone calls so they would have to come over and check on her. I even told her family that I needed their help getting her out of my house but she refused to leave. I didn't even feel safe in my own house.

I finally demanded counseling as a last resort, desperate for help... Almost begging someone to help me get out. We had one couples session where she rambled for 30 minutes straight about everything that I do wrong, and how I never take accountability for my part in arguments. At that point, I was so beaten down, overwhelmed and just plain hopeless that I shut down and essentially let her put on a show. The counselor recognized this but at that point could only rely what was told to him and I came out looking like a cold, hardened person, unable to share my feelings.

I am so grateful to have sought out individual therapy where I became aware of her potential BPD. My therapist instantly made everything make sense. For once I felt comforted that I wasn't crazy, it wasn't all of my fault, and that I wasn't so socially inept that I couldn't identify WHY she was mad or what I did that made her so angry. I literally had no idea most of the time, and my confusion (and facial expressions of being confused) enraged her even more. I was afraid to say anything, in fear of not saying it correctly or that my tone would be misinterpreted.

I'm still in the middle of trying to end the relationship. I got her to stay with her mom but she refuses to come get her things out. I think she uses it as manipulation and I still fear not being able to get out. I know you're not supposed to tell someone that you think they may have BPD, but what else can I do? I expressed concern about the behaviors and purposefully worded it in ways that reflected the big, basic symptoms in hopes of her self discovering it- but now she thinks she has PMDD, depression and anxiety. Even started on anti-depressant paired with anxiety management and birth control. But it's so much beyond that.

I don't want to expose her privacy but I truly need help. Is it ok to ask her sister for confidentiality and let her know that I think she has BPD? I need more help from others, otherwise I truly think she could harm herself or continually emotionally abuse me and never get the proper treatment that she needs.

Not sure what I need to hear. Maybe just best advice given the situation or support.

Thanks all.
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

juju2

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 03:43:49 AM »

Welcome,

sorry you are going through this.

You have come to the right place.

It sounds like things are in a crisis mode.
Good that you are getting individual counseling...there is a lot to learn here, look around this website, when you can.

I do know that when things are going badly in my life, I do need to take my own space, bring comfort, peace, relaxation to my world.  Bring self care, it's hard during a pandemic.  Just anything where I can get a reprieve from the constant turmoil.

at some point in my journey, I am able to see I didn't cause the illness, I can't cure it, and I can't control it.  The more I can get this perspective, the more I gain calmness and strength.
Share more about what works, and what else is going on.

You are in the right place. 

Sincerely

juju
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest