Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 19, 2024, 02:09:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And She's on to Another One  (Read 565 times)
brighter future

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 12:30:12 PM »

I can relate a lot. There were plenty of red flags. When we started, we agreed to be "exclusive" sex buddies (not the best way to start something, is it), yet later she admitted that she slept with someone else when I ignored her texts. Then when we broke up for a bit, she kissed my friend.

My ex-g/f and I were intimate between 2.5 and 3 months into the relationship. She claimed that she never slept with anyone else while she was married or in a committed relationship. I have no idea if that was true or not. After she told me about having an affair with her current rebound guy after she left her husband (and also that she sexted with the former classmate), she referred to two other guys from her high school days that she was talking to. She claimed all four men (including the rebound man that she went back to after me) tried talking her into doing "things that made her feel uncomfortable." To my knowledge, the only one she went to bed was the rebound guy she's with now if what she said was true.  

After she told me all of that, she said while she was married to her ex-husband in the latter years of their marriage, he made her delete all four of those guys from her social media because of her history with them and she was keeping in touch with them. I can't say that I blame him a bit for asking her to do that.  As soon as they separated for the final time, she added them all back. When they saw separated on her relationship status after she left her husband, they all started contacting her regularly. I was told by a mutual friend of ours that she resumed the same behavior after she and I split (I'm sure she was keeping in touch with them while I was seeing her). She told this person that "Whenever I say I'm single on FB, all of these guys from school just come out of the woodwork" and was laughing and giggling like she was proud of it. Those guys all wouldn't come calling on her so quickly if they didn't think they had something to gain. More than likely they troll her social media often to see if she's available for a good time.

I agree with your opinion 100% about BPD people having an immoral side. I have a uPBD ex-g/f, and I also have a PBD ex-wife as well. I'm working on myself to avoid more relationships like this. My ex-g/f uses people for sex and caretaking and some financially, while my ex-wife  lies, cheats, heavily uses family for financial support, and is constantly on the prowl for caretakers/boyfriends. She's had 4 or 5 boyfriends since we divorced in early 2015, and all of them have left her. I noticed that she had been contacting me more lately acting more confrontational, etc. A quick look on social media revealed her boyfriend of just shy of a year left her and is with someone new. She was trying to rope him into marriage, and luckily he got out while there was still time. I'd like to cut all contact with her, but we have a child together. Only about 9.5 years to go.

BlueSpring

Relationship status: broken up/estranged

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2020, 09:49:17 AM »

Hi Grumpdonut,
It's been a few rough days.  I just found out that she reneged on a financial deal she made with me. 

I haven't heard from her for a week.  I have a feeling this is it, and I'll never hear from her again.  The guy she's with is a Narcissist.  I mean he's pathological.  He's after her because she has money and property, and his association with her feeds his narcissistic need for elevated status.  I know this guy, and I know people who know this guy.  I know what he's after.  I also know that an NPD/BPD relationship is a recipe for disaster.  And my ex does have all the symptoms of alcoholic heart failure.  This is a toxic mess that is going to end badly. 

The hardest thing I have to do right now is disengage my heart from her and let her proceed into disaster.  I just wonder, will I spend the rest of my life saying, "I should have done something"?  Will the only comfort I have is the reassurance that I really couldn't do anything?  I can't force her to get help. 
grumpydonut

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2020, 06:04:23 PM »

I spent last night reading plenty of old posts on this forum. I recommend doing that. No, you couldn't have done anything. She is mentally ill, and following the BPD pattern.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest