Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 03:39:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King of Drama  (Read 361 times)
AskingWhy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 21, 2020, 05:32:47 PM »

My uBPD H found out last month what a cruel, sadistic loser his father is.  FIL is in his mid 80s, uNPD or uBPD, and his wife of 60 years died a few years ago.  H found out F blew through all of the life insurance money and was racking up credit cards on gambling debts.  Now his F can't pay for his own medical bills.  This FIL forced his W to be a work horse for him, working two jobs, while he worked at low skillled jobs, as long as he could hunt, fish and play golf.

A few months ago, H got very angry with me and then butted him belly into me (like a toddler picking a fight) and then told me he would hit me but he would lose his guns and rifles.  Imagine that!  The MOSAIC inventory talks about a potential abuser having access to firearms.

I laughed at him, asking if he knew how he sounded.  He sounded just like a tyrant out of a movie drama threatening his wife!  How petty and stupid he sounded.  He also made divorce threats.  I replied that he should file for divorce if he wanted to, but I would let the judges, the lawyers and the mediators know about how he treated his children better than his W, and how he routinely called his W b#tch and c*nt on a regular basis.  Nothing can stop me from doing that.  It would humiliate him.  He'd look like and idiot.   Nothing would change the laws or division of assets, but I would make him look like a cruel sob.

Now with the realisation that his a$$hole father is the root of his problems, H is boasting at what a great job he is doing in how he treats me. He seems to ignore just a few months ago that he mentioned threatening physical violence to me. And he wants all forgiven.  Not.

I have to feel H was turned a new leaf.  A few month is not enough for me.  I mentioned that he is on "prob ation."

Evidently H took this and is angry about it.  He wrote on the hall way calendar "probation," and then sent me an e-mail "invite" for the probation ending in six months.  How juvenile can you be.

I am choosing to ignore both.  These bratty things don't deserve any dignity.  No matter, in a few week's time, he will be visiting with his uNPD D and his grandchildren.  He'll be in heaven.  This D, in her 30s, to my H, is the ideal woman:  kind, generous, funny, intelligent and gorgeous beyond words.  (OK.  She's about 100 pounds over weight.  Enough said.)  H ignores just how this woman mistreats her own H, humiliating him and verbally abusing him.   She has two small children and does not work outside the home, and yet is demanding a housekeeper for their small home.  H has also forgotten how she bullied a co worker so much that the worker had to transfer to another company branch 20 miles away.  And she also bullied classmates in high school.  And I need to add she was arrested for petty theft while still a minor.  What a perfect woman!

H went into work today, so I don't know if he is still pouting over our discussion yesterday.  That invite must have been sent "in the moment" as BPDs do, and that he hated me in the time it was sent.  

Another day in the life of living with a uBPD H.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 05:39:47 PM by AskingWhy » Logged
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 10:30:16 AM »

Can you see how you triggered him with the word "probation"?

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
izzitme

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 09:58:40 PM »

Cat familiar,

Is using the word probation breaking one of the Four Agreements to be "Impeccable with words"? What wording would have been more helpful? Today I called my uBPDh manipulative and realized that just escalated things.

Thanks for the clarification about words.
formflier
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 07:55:46 AM »

I am choosing to ignore both.  

I'm curious to understand your decision to engage some things he says and ignore others.  What is with about your values that you are trying to communicate?

Best,

FF

Cat Familiar
Senior Ambassador

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 11:00:37 AM »

Is using the word probation breaking one of the Four Agreements to be "Impeccable with words"?

Using the word “probation” is invalidating to a person with BPD, and thereby almost a guarantee of triggering a fight or a dysregulation.

https://bpdfamily.com/content/communication-skills-dont-be-invalidating

Similar to “probation,” “manipulative” also signals that we are making a negative judgment about them.

As far as the Four Agreements, we may have said these words in absolute truthfulness. And perhaps if we had partners who were emotionally well adjusted, they could hear our intent without taking offense.

In the case of someone with BPD, using judgmental language will be responded to in a very unhelpful way.

“The Four Agreements  1. Be impeccable with your word.  2. Don’t take anything personally.  3. Don’t make assumptions.  4. Always do your best. ”     ― Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest