Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 25, 2024, 09:38:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoping for connections with other BPD parents  (Read 369 times)
dothas3
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: married

« on: September 23, 2020, 11:45:55 AM »

Hello.  My daughter (age 20) was diagnosed with BPD and bi-polar about 2 years ago.  She lives at home with my husband and I.  Dealing with the daily moods is taking a toll.  We have been searching for QUALITY in-patient care for her, however the quality places do not take insurance and $51,000 for 30 days of care is not feasible.  She just got kicked out of a DBT program because she missed so many sessions.  As stressful as it is to have her living in my home, I don't know how I would feel if I kicked her out.  I have learned not to react to her, but that is very difficult. Hoping for some tips/advice.  Thanks in advance.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Swimmy55
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 07:58:57 PM »

Hi,
Is she still in therapy and can he/she provide recommendations?
Here is some info on residential that you could read through.  https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=309282.msg12866010
I am not sure what state you live in but you could help her apply for disability and  medical assistance and go that route.  If she is amenable.  I tried / begged my adult son to let me advocate for him to help him go through this route and he flatly refused. 
Keep us posted.

es1113

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 02:35:40 PM »

Hello Dothas 3,
I feel your pain, we’ve all been there! Does she take any medication? Although my daughter threw hers away for years, at 22 she is now taking hers. I did a ton of research to find an inpatient treatment center for my daughter about 4 years ago, it takes a lot of calling, but I eventually found a place in Chicago IL, 2 months and all paid by insurance, after she got out she said it was all crap, but years later, she was teaching what she learned to a so called expert. Just NEVER GIVE UP, ! Now there should be more help available! Good luck, es1113
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest